Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1995 Acura Integra LS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just recently got my first car, a 1995 Integra LS. It has a bit of rust near the wheels, and I was wondering how I should go about fixing it. I am very new to the car scene, and know next to nothing about cars in general, so any advice is appreciated.

The rust near the back left wheel:
Tire Wheel Vehicle Car Automotive tire

Tire Wheel Car Automotive tire Motor vehicle

The rust near the back right wheel:
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Automotive tire
Tire Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
first thing get rid of the rubber that is going around the wheel well. This rubber covering that they placed is the cause of all wheel well rusting for the integra. Next your going to have to see how deep in and how far around does the rust go. In many cases the best it to cut out the area and repatch it with new metal but make sure you grind down first to see the area in which you need to cut and make sure you have solid metal to weld now patch to.

·
Premium Member
2,789 Posts
I concur, first step is to remove those wheel arch protectors. Second step, start grinding and see how far that rust goes. Sometimes, it can be a bit unnerving when you keep grinding and grinding and you havent found clean metal. I'm very familiar with this lol.

·
Registered
1,037 Posts
the wheel arch protectors are the biggest problem when it came to the acura line of cars and wheel well rust. That thing had no purpose to in its spot. Its funny rain or shine or snow and salt it kept the metal moist and thats the start of the RUST problem in that spot.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts