Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
How do you calculate the equivalent displacement of your engine assuming certain types of turbochargers?

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
by that do you mean: keeping stock displacement but having the affects of a motor with a higher displacement?
you can't really, a high displacement motor will have low end power as well as midrange and high end. a turbo honda will most likly have nothing but high end. so it is not really the same

·
Registered
185 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well I wasn't sure if yuo could calculate the equivalent displacement (basically under boost of course). Because I figured it worked by how much theoretical flow was being pushed into the motor, but I don't really know, but none hte less thanks for the reply

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Oh in that case then it is possible.
Think of it this way. Normal atmospheric pressure is 14.7psi. That is the pressure of the air outside assuming it is at sea level. So by pushing a bar of boost on a teg you are pushing twice the amount of air your car could get into the combustion chambers normally aspirated. That means your 1792cc GSR would be getting the same amount of air into the chambers as a 3584cc motor. This is assuming the volumetric efficiency of the 3584cc motor is 100% and naturally aspirated.
If the car 3.5liter motor has a volumetric efficiency of around 85% that means its only getting 3046.4cc worth of air, again assuming you are at sea level. By running 1 bar on your car you are basically running at %200 volumetric efficiency.
This is only for the amount of air going into the combustion chambers

1 - 4 of 4 Posts