Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what parts do you need for a complete new sound system. I've tried searching around for information but didn't get any of it. I don't know what a sound system is made up of and how it works, so please give me some insight.

Here's the parts I'm looking at and planning to get:
-Headunit: Alpine CDA-9856
-Amplifier: JL Audio 250/1
-Front Speakers: N/A
-Rear Speakers: N/A
-Subwoofers: 2 JL Audio 10W0

I'm planning to get some Alpine Type-R or S or JL Audio component speakers for the front. I don't know about the rear, but probably a pair of speakers that match the brands from the front.

Questions:
1) Are all the parts that I'm looking at matching properly? Like, they would all work with each other correctly and well.
2) In order for the speakers to run properly, do I need another amp besides the 250/1 or a better amp that can support the speakers and subwoofers, or what?
3) Is there anything else I need to have or know? Something I'm doing wrong?

Sorry if these questions are stupid or were asked before. Been looking around for awhile and didn't see much that would help me understand car audio better.

Thanks a lot!

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.

With the 300/4, would I still need the 250/1? Also, would it support all the speakers and subwoofers? Thanks a lot.

·
Registered
157 Posts
Ok so there's a few ways you can do it. For a I had 2 12's in my trunk powered by an amp and the speakers powered by my head unit. I have an AVIC-N1 so the output is somewhat ok. Now I have RF component fronts and RF full range backs powered by an RF 4 channel amp. My 2 12's are powered by a separate 2-ch amp. ZThe difference is really noticeable. It soudns a lot better with the two amps. The powere is as diffused and all the speakers get a good amount of power, it hits hard. So its really up to you, if youre not gonna upgrade speakers then there really isn't a great need to run 2 separate amps, but if you're going with some components then definitley grab a new amp, it's well worth it.

As for the amp, I dunno if you're gonna runa mono amp but if you're gonna run 2 10's a 2 channel amp might be your best bet. You don't need a huge amount of wattage if your gonna run an amp solely to your subs. But if youre gonna run 1 amp to all of your speakers and your subs then get aa good size amp. I like RF, but is you like the JL then thats your call. Anyway, just thought I'd drop in my opinion.

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
"Sound system" is a relative term. It means what ever you want it to mean. There is no list of parts in order for your audio equipment to be deemed a system. Compoenets alone fit into that category.

As far as brand choice goes, take a trip to your local audio shop and listen to them, make the decision based on your ears. What you like to hear and someone else's opinion could differ greatly.

As far as amp selection goes it is my OPINIoN that aftermarket components are a waste without an external amp. Like I said before take a listen for your self and see what you like.

·
Registered
84 Posts
if i were u i get diffrent brands that are cheaper and better but if ur on the jl side that good too if i were i get the 300/4 for the insides and the 250/1 for the sub and thats it if u wanna do that i rather have a w3 tho..

·
Registered
2,190 Posts
I just used the advanced search function with the phrase "sound system" and THIS came up.

Happy hunting.

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
Do NOT buy a new Alpine Deck.
some of the older decks are ok, but the NEW ones are having some kind of problem. 2 of my friends bought the exact same Alpine deck and another friend bought a similar deck and they all have the same problem.
At Volume level 22 everything sounds perfect, but once u go past 22, ur subs seem to loose about half power and ur speakers sound like crap.

Untill someone buys an alpine deck that does not do ths,
Im not going to reccomend them.

just my 2 cents.
I do install stereos for a living.

·
Registered
271 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
if i were u i get diffrent brands that are cheaper and better but if ur on the jl side that good too if i were i get the 300/4 for the insides and the 250/1 for the sub and thats it if u wanna do that i rather have a w3 tho.. said:
What other brands do you recommend? I don't mind getting a just-as-good brand for cheaper.. Thanks!

Quote: eggteg95 on Feb/07/06 Do NOT buy a new Alpine Deck.
some of the older decks are ok, but the NEW ones are having some kind of problem. 2 of my friends bought the exact same Alpine deck and another friend bought a similar deck and they all have the same problem.
At Volume level 22 everything sounds perfect, but once u go past 22, ur subs seem to loose about half power and ur speakers sound like crap.

Untill someone buys an alpine deck that does not do ths,
Im not going to reccomend them.

just my 2 cents.
I do install stereos for a living.
Thanks for the warning. I'm probably going to go with something older and cheaper then!

·
Registered
4,036 Posts
Theres nothing with Alpine. In fact, I stick with Alpine. My friends system got stolen and he bought a brand new Alpine MP3 Deck system for $180. Doesnt come with a remote but you can buy it on eBay for like $10 or so. Well worth the price.

I have had my Alpine Deck for so long now that I recomment Alpine more than any other decks. Other than Alpine, I would go with Pioneer and Clarion maybe. But Alpine first...

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Your best bet is to go to bestbuy or any audio dealer and listen to the quality of the speaker/sub u want. Remember that what you hear inside the building is really different when your in a small remote area like the car. All im saying is test out how the thing bump and quality. Good luck choosing the speaker. I would use Pioneer because my friend install them to all his customer and it relativity cheap and looks good and works great. But to me JVC are the more cool looks and function, and you might want to check them out if you have the $$$$ and it isn't that expensive.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.