Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering how often people here change out their PCV.

Since I have owned my Integra aka "Ra", I have only changed it once, back in the spring of 2003.

I bring this up, because I have recently noticed that oil is building up on my PCV.

Thoughts?

·
Registered
754 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Yeah but you two have a car that is 5 years "newer" than mine... mmm...

·
Registered
467 Posts
replaced about a month ago only becuase it didnt pass the 'rattle' test. like $5 which is gay cuz its just a plastic valve

·
Registered
43 Posts
So you say you notice oil buildup... can we assume that you can remove it to see the gunk? If so just replace it, the plastic gets brittle over time. If you haven't got it out I say LEAVE IT ALoNE!!! I replaced mine once, what a pain in the A-S-S ! Reason was that it was the original but it cracked. 45 bucks total for the replacement hoses from an Acura dealer and the valve. Good thing though the hose to the breather was shot anyway.

·
Registered
344 Posts
johnnykaye on Dec/11/08 said:
So you say you notice oil buildup... can we assume that you can remove it to see the gunk? If so just replace it, the plastic gets brittle over time. If you haven't got it out I say LEAVE IT ALoNE!!! I replaced mine once, what a pain in the A-S-S ! Reason was that it was the original but it cracked. 45 bucks total for the replacement hoses from an Acura dealer and the valve. Good thing though the hose to the breather was shot anyway.
My god! $45 to replace it? Pain in the ass? I typicly replace mine every time i do a tune up. Around $3- and if you need a hose goto Advance Auto and pick one up for $1 or so. Takes me all of 15-30 Seconds to do...

·
Registered
921 Posts
believe it or not the PCV valve is a Major cause of driveability problems, i replace mine when i change my spark plugs/wires/car/rotor to be safe. only time i "Had" to replace mine was when it broke, and it cost about 7 dollars for a new hose and valve... not 45 lol that's where it pays to know about cars and "steelers"

~Dillon

·
Registered
22 Posts
soundguy787 on Dec/11/08 said:
Quote: johnnykaye on Dec/11/08So you say you notice oil buildup... can we assume that you can remove it to see the gunk? If so just replace it, the plastic gets brittle over time. If you haven't got it out I say LEAVE IT ALoNE!!! I replaced mine once, what a pain in the A-S-S ! Reason was that it was the original but it cracked. 45 bucks total for the replacement hoses from an Acura dealer and the valve. Good thing though the hose to the breather was shot anyway.

My god! $45 to replace it? Pain in the ass? I typicly replace mine every time i do a tune up. Around $3- and if you need a hose goto Advance Auto and pick one up for $1 or so. Takes me all of 15-30 Seconds to do...
very different changing it on a G2 vs G3, in my opinion. G2 was a huge pain, G3, very easy.

to answer the original question, I've done it once each on 2 tegs covering 10 years.

·
Registered
4,226 Posts
themazdak on Dec/11/08 said:
NEVER!! just put to your mouth and blow adn suck, its a one way valve, it you can blow and suck its bad.
MmmmMmmm, nothing like the taste of used oil

How about just blowing in one end, then tuirn it around and blow the other direction?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts