1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
60 Posts
Real easy. Just change it anyways. It can't hurt. Its a good thing to do even if you change it too much.
Don't remove you back seat and unplug that connector. Its a waste of time. Don't use crescent wrenches either.

This is a 10min job, yes gas may spill a little. No big deal. Put a rag under the fuel filter to catch it.

First use a 17mm to break to upper banjo bolt loose and remove it. Next break the line loose under the filter. Then use a 10mm to loosen the hold down around the filter. Remove filter and replace. Just make sure to use the new gaskets on your banjo bolt.

When its all back together cycle the key on and off(don't start it yet) a few times to let the fuel pump prime and fill the filter and lines back up and then start the car.
DONE.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Real easy. Just change it anyways. It can't hurt. Its a good thing to do even if you change it too much.
Don't remove you back seat and unplug that connector. Its a waste of time. Don't use crescent wrenches either.

This is a 10min job, yes gas may spill a little. No big deal. Put a rag under the fuel filter to catch it.

First use a 17mm to break to upper banjo bolt loose and remove it. Next break the line loose under the filter. Then use a 10mm to loosen the hold down around the filter. Remove filter and replace. Just make sure to use the new gaskets on your banjo bolt.

When its all back together cycle the key on and off(don't start it yet) a few times to let the fuel pump prime and fill the filter and lines back up and then start the car.
DONE.
This is great - thanks

Pls post a counter below that thread:
http://www.team-integra.net/forum/bl...r-replace.html

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
30k for me...you can of course go longer with OEM fuel filters
Hey, I started this thread 9 yrs ago - during this time my car also added 60k miles - I forgot about changing again at 30k or so interval!
When the filter is being changed the washers also needs to be changed - there are more than one.
BTW, the link by elmn8r (above) is no longer working.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
30k for me...you can of course go longer with OEM fuel filters
Does the Honda part come in a box or package?
I bought one on Amazon and cancelled it - 2 reviewers question OEM - no box.
One said it didn;t fit Honda Civic.

But on eBay it is still not in box - sold by dealerships.
Advice?

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
Does the Honda part come in a box or package?
I bought one on Amazon and cancelled it - 2 reviewers question OEM - no box.
One said it didn;t fit Honda Civic.

But on eBay it is still not in box - sold by dealerships.
Advice?
Go to the dealership and buy it if you're wanting it to be OEM.

·
Administrator
3,898 Posts
Curry Acura Parts used to be a go to location for people here

Are they good to buy from online? Expect to be OEM?
If it's an Acura/Honda dealer, than yes.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts