Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a budget of about 1200 and was wondering if i could paint my teg super sonic blue with that much. And what would the quality be for something that cheap. Thank you

·
Registered
154 Posts
Well jisastu racing down in houston tx does any color paint job you want for 1200 and ive seen there work it is really good, but then again u need a hook up when it comes to this kinda stuff, call around and see waht you come up with i am also getting a paint job as we speak.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
well my old teg was black and at first i was thinking thunder gray but i wanted something a lot different from black and super sonic blue was next on my list.

·
Registered
301 Posts
lMlElNaCe-GsR on Sep/07/02 said:
well in my area you can get a whole paint job hooked up for way less then that with good quality. BTW do you really like that color?
hey where is this shop and how much do they charge? im looking for a shop as we speak.

·
Registered
8,532 Posts
It depends on the quality of the work and paint you want done.

Be careful of any really cheap paint job places, not saying they can't do a good job, just make sure you know everything the painting includes.

You want to make sure the paint is high quality, and that they use a color coat and a clear coat. Some cheaper places use a paint that has the clear and color mixed.

Also check out the prepwork that they do. Do they remove the previous color coat? Do they sand? Do they remove dings, and dents?

You obviously want someone who removes the previous coat of paint and properly sands and preps the surface. Removing dents and dings is up to you.

Hope this helps!

·
Registered
3,185 Posts
hm.. fixing my lil applekat this summer cost me $1330 repainting the fenders, front bumper and driverside door and rear quarter panel.. only about 55% of the car.. they did a really good job.. i think you should save up a lil more for your paint job.. its going to be on your car for quite a while..

if your car is black.. you can keep the engine bay black.. and if you get a carbon fiber hood later.. you can also skip painting the hood..

·
Registered
58 Posts
Hey GSRGuy,

Does an OEM quality paint job REALLY cost around $2500?! Whereabouts? ARe you sure!? (Sorry I just don't want it to be true :))

·
Registered
31 Posts
Supersonic blue is awesome. I get so many compliments and people asking me I got a custom job done. its nice.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts