Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
only buy a moroso or something equivalent if you're planning on racing the car a lot or trying to have a show car. Have your pan tapped out for $20-$40. Make sure you have a good welder, you don't want that sucker to leak!

·
Registered
89 Posts
it'll be cheaper if you have a driller or know someone who can borrow you a driller...use jb weld or qiucksilver to do the welding get it at wal-mart for about 5 bucks..otherwise go buy a driller use it to drill the hole, jb weld it or use qiucksilver and return the drill the next day :D....

·
Registered
10 Posts
integrals21 on Sep/05/07 said:
it'll be cheaper if you have a driller or know someone who can borrow you a driller...use jb weld or qiucksilver to do the welding get it at wal-mart for about 5 bucks..otherwise go buy a driller use it to drill the hole, jb weld it or use qiucksilver and return the drill the next day :D....
Don't do it this way, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. It may work for a while, but eventually it'll leak.

·
Registered
717 Posts
i drilled the hole and had someone mig weld it for ten bucks. now i got a moroso.

·
Registered
89 Posts

Don't do it this way, that's the stupidest thing i've ever heard. It may work for a while, but eventually it'll leak.

actually thats just the method us cheap homemade turbo guys do it...didn't mean to startle you buddy...several cars i know done this method and have no leak problems...

shouldn't cost more than $30....

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
yea but im running a gt28rs....if my turbo dies because the oil pan tap is leaking ima be pissed....not worth saving 50 bucks to ruin a lot of expensive equipment.....but thanks man i appreciate gaining as much knowledge as possible

·
Registered
35,673 Posts
integrals21 on Sep/07/07 said:

actually thats just the method us cheap homemade turbo guys do it...didn't mean to startle you buddy...several cars i know done this method and have no leak problems...

Go right ahead then. I'll be laughing when it fails and your car becomes oil starved.

Why half-ass it...get it tapped properly and it should never leak.

·
Registered
815 Posts
integrals21 on Sep/07/07 said:

if you are going to jb weld, just make sure the area around it is hella clean and sanded up good. i fixed my radiator with jb weld... first tiem i did it i dint clean it up good and it leaked, so i cleaned it all up, sanded it and did it again. no leaks for more than a year and a half now.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.