Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just ordered 17" rims with 40 series tires and now i was wondering how much of a drop would i need to get rid of the gap and make it look sweet. If you can, can you please post ur car w/ the type of springs and amount of drop?? Thanks!!

·
Registered
544 Posts
neuspeed sports look really good in my opinion. It's the perfect height from waht i've seen. Putting mine on saturday so i can post some pics if nobody else does. It's 1.75 in front, 1.5 in back

·
Registered
857 Posts
Get a nice set of tein ss dampers, i have them and love em. The more you lower the sweeter it looks, but watch out for curbs.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I agree with JJSurfer. Just put mine on on tuesday and got 17 inch Racing Harts. Looks great i think. Ill post some pics soon!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What size tires are those 40 series?? I think i want it a little lower than urs.

·
Registered
321 Posts
yep they're 40's. Before you think about going even lower, you gotta remember that the lower you go, the more carefull you gotta be. Speed bumps and driveways are killers. With the amount that i lowered, i dont scrape at all, except the mudflaps, which i took off.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i don't wanna do coilovers i wanna to springs i think b/c i heard the ride on the coilovers are a bouncy ride.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts

here's my car. i have ground control adj. coilovers with tokico's. the rice isn't that bad at all. anytime you lower a vehicle you have to expect it to be a little stiffer, but if you get the right setup it won't be bad. with the GC's all the way up, you still have about a 1" lower than stock drop. with the GC's if you go lower than 2" you should get the camber kit as well. expect to pay around $700 or so for everything.

·
Registered
3,266 Posts
oh yeah... that's an old pic... umm... it's about an inch lower than that now. sorry!

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I want my wheels to be almost tucked but not....1 1/2 finger gap.....somewhere around there. How much of a drop would i need for that?

·
Registered
185 Posts
coilovers are not a bouncy ride, coilovers are the best suspension setup if you have the money, coilover SLEEVES on the other hand suck

·
Registered
997 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
oh i was reading at alot of places that they are bouncy and i should just go with springs.

·
Registered
9,908 Posts
to actually use the adjustable advantage of coilovers and have optimum performance you would need to corner weight the car everytime you change the hieght and have an alignment.

That is why springs are more practical. Plus I don't think people change their height that often, unless you are a true autoX person.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts