Team Integra Forums banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
194 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im looking into a jackson racing supercharger for a 2001 ls. i wanna know how much horse i can expect. i also heard that with a supercharger you actually lose some horse power do to the engine having to spin the pulley is this true as well?

·
Registered
33 Posts
turbo's are so much cheaper than super's. they are capable of producing more power than super's, but turbo's have lag. Super's have instant power. And yes, you do lose power from the pulley tranfers.

·
Registered
765 Posts
The JRSC is one of the best ones out there, the eaton blowers make great linear power, but the kit that they make for the LS is very limited. It comes with a smaller blower than the GSR kit and I believe the pulley is only good for 6psi.

Pushthepanic85 on Jan/19/06 said:
i also heard that with a supercharger you actually lose some horse power do to the engine having to spin the pulley is this true as well?
It's called parasitic loss, you're taking away torque from the crank to turn the pulley which powers the blower. You're taking away a little power to gain more power.

Look around a little bit, there are tons of threads on the JRSC on an LS.

·
Registered
765 Posts
onekoopsta on Jan/19/06 said:
but is your header and catback supercharger friendly?

Exactly, a header with short primaries (i.e kamikaze or hytech) is much better suited for a JRSC. Look at it more as a package than just bolting on a supercharger.

·
Registered
905 Posts
PoeTheGambler on Jan/19/06 said:
turbo's are so much cheaper than super's. they are capable of producing more power than super's, but turbo's have lag. Super's have instant power. And yes, you do lose power from the pulley tranfers.
how is it cheaper? from the prices i checked on both kit it seem the turbo cost a lot more.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
I think maybe he meant that $-hp value proportionally was cheaper for turbo.
I had a big soft spot for JRSCs for a while with my LS, but never got one.
I really wanted to try and find the m60 (is that the GSR one?, or is it the m45?) blower and get an LHT aftercooler made from the JRSC LS manifold and try and get the M60 blower to mate up. Then up the boost and be unique!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.