Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im only 17 right now so the integra i have right now was given from my parents. i want a type r really bad, lol so im hoping to get a R when im 20 (2007) how much do you think they will sell for and do you think it would be still possible to find them. the latest model will be close to 6 years.

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Sure you can people who are Type-R fans relatively hold on to their R's for quite some time. Great cars. Check out this site to get a guesstimated average on what they'll run for:

WWW.ITRCA.COM

Go under the forums then to cars for sale. Good luck.

·
Registered
236 Posts
since you want a r.. and by the time you twenty which is 3 yrs you can still find type r's in good condition.. pros and cons of r's:

PROS:
1) fast as hell for a in line four
2) suberb handling
3) you would still be able to find one in 2007
4) price wise wont be cheap since it is already a collectors car
5) it's a TYPE R!!!

CoNS:
1) insurance will be expensive since you'll only be twenty and type-r's are coveted for... you guessed the ENGINE [b18c5]
2) car will always be hawkeyed carry a gun where ever you go.. damn thieves
3) all tegs have the same issues after a couple of years.. i dont know if this applies to r's or not cuz i never hear any one with a r complaining..
4) upgrades are expensive cuz you only want quality with your r no ricey crap or kit nothing is too much for a r!

THATS pretty much it.. by the way what yr integra and model you have? LS/RS/GS or GSR, cuz you can always flip those and make a sleeper. Your choice.

·
Registered
464 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
du_ma_mai on Feb/26/04 said:
since you want a r.. and by the time you twenty which is 3 yrs you can still find type r's in good condition.. pros and cons of r's:

PROS:
1) fast as hell for a in line four
2) suberb handling
3) you would still be able to find one in 2007
4) price wise wont be cheap since it is already a collectors car
5) it's a TYPE R!!!

CoNS:
1) insurance will be expensive since you'll only be twenty and type-r's are coveted for... you guessed the ENGINE [b18c5]
3) all tegs have the same issues after a couple of years.. i dont know if this applies to r's or not cuz i never hear any one with a r complaining..
4) upgrades are expensive cuz you only want quality with your r no ricey crap or kit nothing is too much for a r!
THATS pretty much it.. by the way what yr integra and model you have? LS/RS/GS or GSR, cuz you can always flip those and make a sleeper. Your choice.
its a 2000 but yeh oh well im only 17 right now so it doesnt really matter, maybe they will have the dc5 r in here by the time

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
du_ma_mai on Feb/26/04 said:
Please don't give out advice like this...you shoot someone for a car, you're the idiot and you're going to jail...

With that said, it's anyones guess what an ITR is going to be worth in 2007. It's all pure speculation. I'll probably never sell my R...but times change and people change...so nothing is written in stone and everything is just guessing...

·
Registered
155 Posts
JustinKlemgold on Feb/27/04 said:
Quote: du_ma_mai on Feb/26/04 2) car will always be hawkeyed carry a gun where ever you go.. damn thieves

Please don't give out advice like this...you shoot someone for a car, you're the idiot and you're going to jail...

With that said, it's anyones guess what an ITR is going to be worth in 2007. It's all pure speculation. I'll probably never sell my R...but times change and people change...so nothing is written in stone and everything is just guessing...
I think he meant it as like a scare factor type of thing or just joking around dunno though

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Just saying man...there's really no need to say that...try to scare someone with a gun and you may find yourself looking down the barrell of another gun, and he may not be using it as a scare tactic....

Back on topic now...

·
Registered
155 Posts
I hear ya...I wonder if the price would start to increase after a couple of years? I mean I think since production ended on em that value will start to increase over the years for such a legendary Honda, wonder when that mindset will start to come...

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
the older models on EBay already go for 11-15k... why does anyone think they would increase in value. Yeah the car is great but it isn't as great as it once was. At the time it had unheard of power/handling package. Now you've got your Evo8, STI, WRX, SRT-4 already out and cars like the Redline on the way. People are going to turn to those instead for perfomance and the R will simply be a collector's car... and like it or not- it won't go for big bucks like the real collector's cars do. Why? Just like old baseball cards and comics- things are only worth money if people don't think to preserve them. Back in 1960 no one realized they could save a car as a collectors item- people could barely afford A car back then.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Well its still FWD, n/a engine, considered by many the best FWD car to date. All the cars you mentioned have turbos (does the Redline have a turbo or sc and isnt it a saturn? lol) alls ya gotta do is build the engine or add a turbo yourself, tune and you can easily run with those cars and in cases take them. All depends on the money you put into them, and those cars you mentioned are pretty damn expensive. Id take an R over any of those.

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
expensive yes- but they also have a warranty which could be both a pro or con depending on how you look at it. The SRT-4 is under 21k (yeah I realize it is a Neon). I can agree with what was said about the Supra maintaining value- but I don't see either it or the R increasing.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Considering the technology that the R's engine is based on (vtec) is over 10 years old, I would say that speaks volumes for the people at Honda...since the ITR is still considered such a valuable car...

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
It really all depends on taste, I for one would rather drive a 98 Integra Type R instead of an 04 Neon in 2007. Honda has proved to be reliable, Dodge has not. So all in all there will be Type R's in 2007 for sale with a decent price tag. Look at some 94-95 GSR's They are 10 years old and some go for 8 or 9grand.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.