Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hey guys, im just wondering what you think youd pay for my car once it gets a new paintjob, and what color I should paint it to get the moist ppl interested in it.

Heres the specs:
1994 RS
134,xxx miles
tranny completely rebuilt at 133,500
runs like new
interior good condition, minor cig burns on cloth door inserts, trim pieces painted white
generic intake
R1 exaust
altezzas/stock tails ( i have both )

coming:
everything molded and shaved
new paint
4 brand new tires
itll be lowered on coilovers
always well maintained and serviced regularly

ill post the picture once it gets approved

im hoping to get around 4500 for it, despite the high milage, and i think a "new" tranny with a 2 year warrenty adds value, right?

thanks

·
Registered
1,980 Posts
why are you doing all that body work in order to sell it? The best thing would be to put the car back to stock, don't get anything molded or shaved, and spend that money on doing all the maintenance your engine needs along w/ getting it painted in a stock color (don't change colors, it lowers the value of the vehicle)

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
im going to paint it myself and get rid of the *minor* rust around the back wheels.. i figure id shave the moldings and emblems while im at it.

so if i paint it milano red vs. the frost white it is, it would lower the value?

and if I got a stock exaust, would it raise the value? because my cars reeeal loud...

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
1zach4 on Feb/28/04 said:
why are you doing all that body work in order to sell it? The best thing would be to put the car back to stock, don't get anything molded or shaved, and spend that money on doing all the maintenance your engine needs along w/ getting it painted in a stock color (don't change colors, it lowers the value of the vehicle)
The man is correct. I work at Carmax and I always ask the buyers things they look for when appraising a car.
Paint jobs lower the value, why? Because they dont know if it is covering up an accident. Shaving anything is bad, again they dont know if the car was in an accident and youre trying to hide certain parts. Stock exhaust = good.

Bottom line: if youre going to sell it make it as stock as possible, painting, shaving, aftermarket exhaust, intake, lowering = it all lowers the value.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

hey thanks for the advice... im looking into getting a stock muffler, prolly wont shave it now, and will paint it, moldings indluded (itll look like a LS! lol) Right now the wipers are white and the stock tails are on, and I took off the spoler and s2k antenna

so how much do you think its worth?

·
Registered
29 Posts
I'd agree with the others. Don't repaint, just fix the rust problem correctly. The rest of the paintjob and car looks good from your pics.
Seems to me the more stock it is the more you'll get.
Check online and see what other people are selling tegs for in the area.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
the problem is, and i should have said this before, was that the car was backed into and the paint on the front bumper cracked, so it had to be repainted by the shop. the shop didnt match the paint correctly, so its off in the front, and blended, and in certain light, you can really tell... plus it has been keyed on the passenger side all the way down to primer, so itd be better to completely repaint i think, and fix the rust right

·
Registered
690 Posts
nice altezzas. i've got the same kind. Those are rare. you're only like the second person i've seen to have them on a teg. i think $4,500 would be a good amount to ask for.

·
Registered
1,223 Posts
yeah...i agree w/everyone else...i've actually heard of even keeping aftermarkets parts on the car bringing the value down...i wouldn't buy a car that's been modified, and most people won't, unless you've already done exactly what they wanted anyways, which i'm sure would not be the case....and if you do paint it, i agree to keep stock color

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
aftermarket parts do not increase the value of your car. Return to stock and sell with a bottle of touch up paint if ur that worried about the bumpers.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yea but blue book doesnt factor in demand, local of market, thats what im tryin to find out... how much would you pay for my car bascially is what im asking

it will be sold with a stock exaust and the rust fixed like new

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.