Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
1,660 Posts
I just put mine in last week, it took about 2 hours. However, it was the first thing I have ever really done to cars other than oil and whatnot. If I were to do it again would take an hour or so is my guess.

·
Registered
409 Posts
Depends on what you have. If you have a lift,then probably take you no longer than 30 min. Cuz you;'re gonna need a jack to remove the resonator from the bottom. So i'd say about an hour would be reasonable.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
PhatGSR on Jun/29/02 said:
took me 30 minutes with a jack
45 min without

·
Registered
311 Posts
it took me 20min with no jack in the parking lot so yeah not too long.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
pagsrboy23 on Jun/29/02 said:
hey im puttin mine on tom, looking through the instructions it says to keep the splash guards on, tell me those arent really needed..
unless you want to suck in some water they are

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I'd be more concerned with sucking in rocks and road crap. Those tires spin pretty fast, and they'd probably throw a mean curveball when something gets stuck on the tire and ends up flying right into the filter. Ouch. My fenderwell is a mess, without it all that junk would have gotten on my air filter.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Bypass valve...*smirks* *shakes head*

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Did you read my article and think you need to remove the bumper cover? I said this on page 2 of that article.

I removed the front bumper cover so you all can plainly see what is going on. You can do this too, but your main option will be to jack up the front of your car, remove the passenger side wheel, and remove the black plastic fenderwell trim. The fenderwell is held on by plastic extensions which pop right out so be careful not to damage them. I've also heard that people have did not need to jack up the car and just removed the fenderliner, turned the wheel all the way to the left, and were able to take out the resonator. I have never tried this myself but good luck to you if you can, it's a tight fit.

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
My first mod and it took me 2 hours with absolutely no instructions. It takes a while to work the rubber thing around the TB. I work very slowly though.

·
Registered
91 Posts
i installed my cai and it was the first time i ever did anything like that. took me a total of 3 hours and i learned so much doing it. also had no instructions so that and the fact im a noob is a bad combo.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts