Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yahoo I just had my eibach pro kit installed yesterday. I was wondering how long it takes for the springs to "settle" because the drop does not seem that drastic. In fact I can get a three finger gap in the back left and the rest of the tires are four finger gap (on 15inch wheels). Should I expect my car to drop any more lower than it is now?

·
Registered
3,638 Posts
springs will settle for a few weeks at least...i dropped about 3/8 of an inch on my coilovers after a few weeks...it depends on the spring rates tho...prokits arent that drastic so they probably will settle a good amount, but it is still gonna be a pretty sizeable wheel gap with prokits, those are very very mild drop springs...

·
Registered
230 Posts
does anybody know how far it'll drop with neuspeed race springs? i just put them in and can't see really any drop yet.

*EDIT* the shop screwed up so i re-installed my springs and it looks sweet now.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Most Eibachs don't really "settle" at least in my experience. My Prokits never changed in height from the day they were installed. The drop you see is the drop you'll likely get.

·
Registered
231 Posts
neuspeed race should be an instant 2 inch drop.. mine was.. you dont get much more of a drop from a spring than that....

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
My pro kit did drop another 1/4" after about a week. Give them some time to adjust to your vehicle's weight. Good luck and have fun.

·
Registered
594 Posts
Quote from Eibach's site:

When Eibach suspension springs are fitted, will the car sit at the correct ride height or will it need time to settle?
All Eibach suspension coils are pre-set to eliminate settling and increase life expectancy. Some minimal settling may occur as the new spring mates up to an existing rubber suspension isolator, this is normal, but is not the same as a poorly produced spring which may take a set and effect the ride height, handling and alignment of the vehicle.
[/b]

·
Registered
1,408 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
94Integra94 on May/06/04 said:
The pro-kits don't drop that much at all. Hopefully you didn't just get them to reduce the wheel gap, because they really don't.
wow this thread is back from the dead, well Ive had my drop for a few months now. I really like it, yeah I agree they dont reduce wheel gap dramtically but its a great drop if you dont have the money for camber problems down the road. Im already low enough that if I were any lower Id have a hard time getting on some lifts at car shops. Its already a pain to get it on my at-home ramps for an oil change.

But I really like the drop, it was perfect for me but for others it may need to be lower.

·
Registered
3,069 Posts
94Integra94 on May/06/04 said:
The pro-kits don't drop that much at all. Hopefully you didn't just get them to reduce the wheel gap, because they really don't.
Are you joking? Adam the reason why you still have massive wheel gap is those low profile tires. Why don't you try to equate the drop to the oh so common, "finger gap." It eliminates a good bit of that wheel gap.

·
Registered
77 Posts
i just installed tanabe sustec springs just last saturday so far i'm satisfied with the drop. i not expecting a drastic change because it should only drop about 1.5 in.
my brother's prelude has the neuspeed springs on it and it didn't really gave the car a good drop but it wasn't bad.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Call me crazy but I think the pro-kit is the best of ALL worlds.

-Reduced wheel gap
-Great ride
-No bottoming out
-Great performance

My wheel gap here looks pretty much gone. Or at least looks the way the car should have come.

·
Registered
200 Posts
yeah.. i ordered some prokits cuz i don't want a drastic drop but one that looks good and still have a comfortable ride to it.. i think the 1.3" drop is good (or whatever kind of drop it gives)

·
Registered
801 Posts
Thanks for the pic Furious, nice teg, but the angle on it almost broke my neck ;). I'm hoping I can get a lip kit and pro-kit soon- too bad LA is filled with high curbs for flood waters.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts