Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
329 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've seen many people with lots of miles, and i was wondering how long can they actually last without a rebuild? And for those of you who buy like 5-6k tegs with 100k+ miles, hows the engine so far? any rebuilds?

·
Registered
405 Posts
My 94 GSR has 146k miles on it. 180/185 compression through all 4 cylinders. Stock block and head from beginning, i believe. I have nothing to worry about for a while. Just need to get me some new gaskets for minor leaks by spring-time.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Honda engines have a reputation for lasting forever as long as you treat them right. Keep up on your maintenance and don't abuse it and you could easily see 200-300K plus.

I drove my old 88 Accord to about 355,000 before it developed a leak from the rear main seal. It still runs excellent aside from the leak, btw. It was in my family since it was new, and the head was never taken off once nor was the engine ever rebuilt.

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
i hear you there cameron... i got 133,000 miles, drive it hard alot, and have no problems engine-wise

my tranny on the other hand, decided it didnt like me anymore and sh*t the bed at 132 (its in the shop right now)

and yea, i put almost 800 miles on my teg with no reverse lol

·
Registered
62 Posts
800 miles and no reverse?! Damn, your pro. My buddy used to tell me when his reverse went out on his civic that he could just ebrake to make u-turns. I dont think that lasted very long, at least his tires didnt.

·
Registered
975 Posts
lol, mine 96 and running strong. I mean little fixes here and there which is a must but thats what keeps it running is the care we all put into the motor making sure its still runs smooth.

·
Registered
14 Posts
We have a customer w/ a '94 LS that has 423K miles as of last week. Burns a little bit of oil, but that's to be expected w/ the original rings/valve seals.

·
Registered
3,732 Posts
i had 256,000 on mine and people here on ti said it looked really good when i showed them some pics of it..right now i have a 77,000 mi engine and it runs soo smooth.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Well...my 94 rs had 218,000 miles when i bought it! I ran it hard for 4 months before i swaped out to a gsr engine! Until then I had no problems! Then the engine was put in a hatchback and ran 14.8 1/4 mile! So Im very sertain that they last a loooooong time!

·
Registered
765 Posts
I have about 154k and its running strong. I havent tested compression but I'd like to bet its ok. The valve tapping is growing increasing louder but that can be fixed.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts