Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
HAve anyone did the installation for the OEM automatic sunroof themselves? I already have the OEM manual sunroof.. but i hate it, cos its lose and the wind is alays wistling all the time, plus somewhere up there is leaking (when i go into car wash)...

So i am thinking to replace it with an automatic one, then fix the leak as well if possible. However, i am wondering how difficult would it be.

Is it as simple as removing headliner, take off old roof, put in new roof with rail, and pt the headliner on?

·
Registered
402 Posts
Why dont you use some kind of all weather sealent, it would seal the leaks, therefore fixing your problems....

just my 2 cents!

93-TeG

·
Registered
128 Posts
oem manuel sun roof? and auto sun roof? um i'm not really getting it. i mean i have a sun roof but there are two kind? is the one i have an auto or manuel then...it came in my 93 ls, and it has the open and close button.

but anyways yea i'd try the weather sealant first, i believe it's a spray, if not replace the weather stripping seal.

·
Registered
12 Posts
i'd go to the junk yard and look at one with a auto/elec sunroof. Mines elec and i've seen the pop up one and i think the head liners different cause of the sliding mechanism? it would probably be ur best bet to find someone parting out one with a elec roof and try to buy the whole set up headliner,mechanism,track and glass all so that u know u have everything u need. that's if the openings the same.

·
Registered
801 Posts
"Is it as simple as removing headliner, take off old roof, put in new roof with rail, and pt the headliner on? "

Somewhere along the line you forgot the motor....

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
bethrola on Feb/05/04 said:
i'd go to the junk yard and look at one with a auto/elec sunroof. Mines elec and i've seen the pop up one and i think the head liners different cause of the sliding mechanism? it would probably be ur best bet to find someone parting out one with a elec roof and try to buy the whole set up headliner,mechanism,track and glass all so that u know u have everything u need. that's if the openings the same.
Junkyard here cost a lot, the guy was selling the entire sunroof assembly for cheap, and by the picture, it was in mint condition, it has everything excluding the headliner... It has tthe rail, glass, motor, wires even the switch.

Its the sliding type sunroof, not the one sliding OUT of the car, instead it slide in, and hide inside the headliner.

Have anyone done it before? i'd like some comments/suggestion on stuff i need to be extra careful on and stuff i need/should do in the process.

This summer is gonna be fun, i am gonna repaint my hatch as well, its starting to rust in 3 spots, so i am gonna fix that sh*t, repaint the hatch, and probably repaint the sunroof area as well if i replace the sunroof.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
codenamezero on Feb/06/04 said:
Hey, people at g2ic said all tegs have electric sunroof, there is no manual sunroof. if that true?
NEVER heard of one are you sure yours is OEM? because ya I've not heard of one that is manual unless someone put on an aftermarket which in that case would explain the whistle and the leak.
Later,
Jared

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
srry didn't measure that if it's still light out when I take my next break (at work at the moment) I'll get it for you.
Later,
Jared

Also how come you need that if you don't mind me asking?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts