Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know only a little about the Type R and referring to the 00 and 01 years. I know it has awsome handling and great acceleration and is a perfect racer just from stock and that the manufacters put alot of heart into designing this car. So what is everyone elses own reason to think this car is so great and wished to purchase it besides something else? I am just curious of all of it's strong points and some of it's weaker ones.

·
Registered
185 Posts
This is just my opinion, but I don't think it's that great...no flaming please, remember, this is just my opinion.

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
i think its great, i think the interior design is bad-ass, the rims it comes with, and not to mention the fact that they handle like nothing ive ever driven, and come peppy from the factory. just my thoughts, ive only driven one, but damn was it good.

·
Registered
744 Posts
We here all love integras. The Type R is the best one you can get in all respects (looks, engine, speed, handling, etc..)

So we love 'em! :)

simple enough. No it's not as fast as a twin turbo supra (I saw your other post), but it's a great car.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Amazing handeling for a stock car and producing more than 100 hp per liter is damn good. However, its torque really is not that high considering its huge gain in hp over the GS-R and its peak torque is incredible high. I have a 94 GS-R with custom intake and sometimes I race my friend who has a 97 ITR with AEM intake, MSD digital ignition, and eibach sportlines and he really does not pull on me until 3rd gear... but, no matter what your car looks like, an ITR will always get more looks just because it's so rare, so I spending the extra money might be worht it...

·
Registered
223 Posts
It set a standard that has held so well, many brand new cars can't even measure up.
There are faster cars, and there are better handling cars, and there are cars that are more comfortable to live with, but the Type-R has an awesome BALANCE of all of the above.

·
Registered
246 Posts
I have a 98 and personally I like the 97-98 better then the 00-01 just cause champ white is so bad ass....anyway my car handles well and as it sits runs low 14's all day....

PS- the supra is really a dyno queen once you put money into it....yeah it is insanely fast but a 11 second 900hp car? come on...it should be way faster than that...peak power never tells the whole story *cough vortech integra*cough

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Sh*t my LS is so fast and its stock, I can just imagine how fast a stock Type R is.hahahahahhaha. For real, Id like the Type R to have a sunroof, cruise control. Then it would be perfect. Those are my only 2 dislikes. But would I get one if i could, YOU BET

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
i would sell my soul for a type-r

josh, you want to buy a spare soul? heh heh

·
Registered
64 Posts
Type-r is different from the GSR but nothing to gawk at imho. Can't you turn a GSR into a Type R without too much trouble if you wanted? With just a little more chassis work, b18c5 engine, type-r camshafts and piston heads, valves and springs? They do come with a nice interior body kit and wheels though.

·
Registered
713 Posts
Furious94LS on Sep/17/02 said:
For real, Id like the Type R to have a sunroof, cruise control. Then it would be perfect. Those are my only 2 dislikes. But would I get one if i could, YOU BET
Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but a sunroof???!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a fight, but do you have any idea how much a sunroof weighs? But since we're on the subject of customizing our imaginary ITR's, then I would get mine without A/C, no panaling, no speaker or cd player, no rear winshield wiper, no passenger seats, and whatever other junk I could find to pull out of the car that makes it go slower.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Xendar on Sep/17/02 said:
Quote: Furious94LS on Sep/17/02
For real, Id like the Type R to have a sunroof, cruise control. Then it would be perfect. Those are my only 2 dislikes. But would I get one if i could, YOU BET

Everyone is entitled to an opinion, but a sunroof???!!! Don't get me wrong, I'm not trying to start a fight, but do you have any idea how much a sunroof weighs? But since we're on the subject of customizing our imaginary ITR's, then I would get mine without A/C, no panaling, no speaker or cd player, no rear winshield wiper, no passenger seats, and whatever other junk I could find to pull out of the car that makes it go slower.
No def not starting a fight. Its all opinions. I know they are heavier but I wouldnt care much if I had the B18C5 under the hood, Id get the Icebox, and Comptech exhasut to make up for it..lol Id rather have the cruise over the roof though. And yeah id have all 3 wipers taken off as I dont use my LS in the rain, I sure as hell wont use a Type R =)

·
Registered
713 Posts
lol... and I would have to agree with you, life does suck without cruise control

·
Registered
105 Posts
I love my type r!

This is a hard question to answer, the type r isn't just great it's Awesome. Not many cars come in such a way thats so ready for the track at such a low price. It
is also an all around great car. I also think other type r owners can vouch for this one.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I sure can. Anyone who's owned a Type R knows what it's about. It's not just about the B18C5 engine, a car is a thousand parts more than an engine.

You lose a few inches of headroom with the moonroof. Try wearing a helmet in a moonroof equipped car, then you really know why the Type R doesn't have one.

·
Registered
78 Posts
The body is much stiffer and it's noticeable. The Type R takes better to lowering than the GSR. I used to own a GSR and that thing felt like it was going to fall apart.

The Type R is a better "out-of-the-box" racer than any other car, IMO.

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I have a question. If you swap a Type-R engine into a GSR, will you still have cruise control, A/C, Power steering, etc on it? Cuz It would be tight if you could swap a Type-R engine on your GSR and still have all the luxury and comfort.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts