Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
You need to remove the top bolts inside the trunk and the bolt that holds the shock onto the lower control arm. Read the artical

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
ALl you need is a 10mm and a 14mm with a few extensions.
The article explains how to remove everything, I removed the rear suspension on my car easily.

The brake line never was a problem with me, use a 10 mm to take out the bracket holding it in.

·
Registered
3,474 Posts
codenamezero on Mar/27/04 said:
You have to push the rear control arm down by using a long bar, i did the entire suspension on my gen2, it was a ***** pushing it down... (one hand hold the bar, the other hand try to pull out the shock!)

Ask your dad or friend to help you, it will be a lot easier.
glad to see iam not the only one using my dad as help on these projects

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Me007gold on Mar/27/04 said:
Quote: codenamezero on Mar/27/04You have to push the rear control arm down by using a long bar, i did the entire suspension on my gen2, it was a ***** pushing it down... (one hand hold the bar, the other hand try to pull out the shock!)
Ask your dad or friend to help you, it will be a lot easier.

glad to see iam not the only one using my dad as help on these projects
If you read what i typed, i suggested him to use his dad, i did the whole suspension swap alone. :p Took 3 hours... and lots of back pain after.

Remember! Bring a 1 feet tall chair! It will save your back!

·
Registered
4,323 Posts
GreenMachine on Mar/27/04 said:
For the rear, I removed 3 bolts per shock. Two bolts on the LCA and one bolt that attaches the LCA to the sway bar.
make it 4 bolts, an easier way to remove it:

Okay you see the bolt he is working on? THere is a bolt to the right of that that holds the rear LCA to the wheel hub. (for the left it's the left) That is a 14mm bolt, unbolt it and then using your breaker bar as leverage, push the arm down out of the hub, You can now move the shock out easier. but first, remove the LCA bolt that holds the shock in place. Make sure to unbolt the 10mm bracket that holds the brake line near that bolt.

when you get the new strut in, use a jack to push the LCA back toward the hub, use a screw driver to line up the holes, then put the bolt back in and then just reverse the order you took things out.

·
Registered
874 Posts
also try unbolting the sway bar endlink bolt. you can push down a little further when its removed as well. just beware of the threaded brass part on the top of the hat....mine just stripped out tonight, and the nut just spins and spins and spins with the strut.......errrrrrgh. oh, well...time to buy a new shock assembly.

·
Registered
413 Posts
i don't know what you guys are talkin about, this is an easy one person job.

Basically to get the shock out you need to pull down on the control arm. There's 2 ways you can do this.

1- Remove the top 2 bolts along the control arm. one of them holds the arm to the frame(upper bolt), and the other connects the sway bar to the arm(mid-bolt). Then you'll need to undo the 3 bolts holding the break lines to the arm. After that you can pull down on the arm with one hand, very easy.

2- if the upper bolt is siezed then you can do it by removing the lowest bolt along the control arm(connects to wheel) and removing the same sway bar bolt(mid-bolt) then you can pull down on the arm with one hand and remove the strut.

method 2 is the quickest, but on one side the lowest bolt was completely siezed, so i had to use method 1.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts