Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
when i was purchasing my tokico shocks the person told me that there were alot of incidents where the shocks blew really fast because it was not meant for more then 2 inch drops... so he asked me what kindve springs i had and i said i had nuespeed sports which is a 1.75 inch drop or something. but the next day i installed the shocks to see that i had nuespeed RACE springs, which is a 2 inch drop (but now i think its like 2.25) so im worried that it will blow out. can anyone with tokico shocks tell me if theyre shocks blown out yet? o yea and if it does blow out what would happen and how would you know?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
Push down on one end of the car. It should go down, up, and then stop at the center. Softer shocks will go down, up, down, then center. If the car bounces any more than that the shocks should be replaced. If the shocks are completely blown the car will continue bouncing up and down for a couple seconds.

Neuspeed Race are tough springs. You need a shock like the Bilstein or Koni Yellow to keep up with them. Just look at the spring rate, the shocks need to work hard to keep those steady once they have been set in motion. The Tokicos you can use, they should last a good two years before wearing out too much. Do you have the Tokico Illumina or another kind?

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
I thought the only Tokicos available for Integras were Blue and White. Hmm, I would contact Tokico and ask them if they can identify your shocks and if they would be okay with your springs. Let them know the spring rates for your springs as well to help assist them in giving you the best answer.

Tokico Gas Shocks
20021 S Rancho Way
Rancho Dominguez, CA 90220
Phone: 1-800-548-2549
Fax: (310) 898-3084

·
Registered
713 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
o im sorry its blue... and thanks for your help surferx, o yea just looking at your blog how much is it to dyno your car? i think i heard it was $40, is that right? and is that a discount or no

·
Registered
1,193 Posts
i want to know this also. how to know if shocks are blown? and if they are, what is the best remedy for this? buy a full set of coilovers with lowering springs? :dunno:

·
Registered
6,894 Posts
bleemasaurus on Dec/06/07 said:
i want to know this also. how to know if shocks are blown? and if they are, what is the best remedy for this? buy a full set of coilovers with lowering springs? :dunno:
the most obvious indicator i can think of is gas leaking from the shock.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts