Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, I went into the local performance shop to get my toe adjusted. They checked my toe using a tape measure and adjusted it from there. Is the right?? Arn't they suppose to use some kind of machine?

Here are my camber specs with a ingals front kit only.

Front: -1.5 both
Back: -2.0 both

My car had -3.0 camber up front. He said he couldn't adjusted it all the way without it hitting the fender. Any help?

·
Registered
199 Posts
It can be done with a tape measure but you have to think about how accurate that is. Most places use a computerized system. They place "Hubs" (for lack of a better word) on all four wheels and the comp tells them exactly what your toe, camber and caster angles are down to a hundredth (.00). When they are done the give you a print out of your before and after. That way you know exactly what was done and exactly where your car sits. I personally would not like the tape measure method. But hey, thats just me...A perfectionest.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
8,097 Posts
-1.5 is good camber. There is a trick to tightening up the rear camber to reduce some understeer but I learned about it a long time ago and have since forgotten the details.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts