Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
wonering if it is possible to ghetto rig a cheap fuel pressure guage inside my engine bay. I was looking at just puysing a guage that messures up to 100 psi for home depot or somthing. Then just mounting it on my fuel filter. What else would i need to do this?

thanks

·
Registered
874 Posts
CtownIntegra on Apr/18/04 said:
I have 2 gauge pods availible in my car that havent been occupied yet. Out of Water Temp, FP, OP, and Vacuum, which 2 are most important?
def. oil press. and fuel press. thats my opinion though.

·
Registered
2,565 Posts
CtownIntegra on Apr/18/04 said:
What are the reasons for FP gauges or Oil pressure gauges?
When tuning a car, knowing the fuel pressure, and setting it to suit the needs of your car are essential.

I am in the process of tuning my turbo setup with Hondata here in the near future. And, with the Hondata, it will adjust for changes in the fuel pressure that you have made. You can tell the HD what the stock atmospheric Fuel pressure was, then input what your new fuel pressure is and be continue with the tuning...So, being able to read fuel pressure will benefit you if you are going to be tuning down the road.

I don't see any reason to "ghetto rig" one, because they sell fuel pressure gauges relatively inexpensive. SummitRacing sells the B&M fuel gauge, which is what I have, and it works well.

·
Registered
384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
its not really ghetto riging it. I am just not buying brand name, i know i can get it for alot cheaper. I have done a little more searching and found that all i need is a new banjo fitting for my fuel filter that has a spot to attach the guage. Also the guage will just be in my engine bay, so no need for the pod.

I am in pretty much the same boat as you Screamingteg. I got the b&m fpr and need to tune it with my hondata.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts