Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
309 Posts
you mean the OEM black side moldings?

if so then you just unscrew some screws on the bottom and some screws in the fender well that are screwed into the side moldings and once you have all the screws out you give it a litle push to the rear of the car and Zazaam its off....not hard at all.

·
Super Moderator
14,177 Posts
I think hes talking about the ones on the door?

·
Registered
3,353 Posts
you need to take off your door panels then take off the little nut on the at the end of the side moldings that are at the edge of the door, then get inside your door and squeeze together the little white things so they can come out the hold, takes a bit....now for the rear, you need to take out your rear side panels and do the same, pain in the ass!!
Have fun!

·
Registered
1,620 Posts
got take the doors off, very complicated...

·
Registered
94 Posts
There is an easier way to take them off. I took it to the shop to get them painted and I watched them carefully so that they wouldn't scratch the paint.

All they did was slightly push in on the door panel so that they can fit a flat head screw driver between the door panel and side moulding. Also, slip in a piece of paper or tape to protect the paint from the screw driver. There are several clips that run underneath the moulding that you have to unhitch by just pulling out with the screw driver. Its looked pretty simple and took them around 30min to take all 6 pieces off.

Hope this helped

·
Registered
309 Posts
oh yeah those moldings. yeah i totally screwed mine up when i took them off. but i just filled in the holes and repainted the spots. but those moldings look terrible especially black on red(as in my case). but then again they do save your doors more often then not.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts