Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put on an S2000 antenna and the reception is slightly worse than my old broken antenna. I was wondering how can I amplify my antenna so that it gets a better signal?

oh yeah, I have searched already and found nothing, this is why I ask.
TIA

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
you'll find "antenna boosters" out there in the audio world, but guess what... an antenna is a passive device, and those boosters do not work..

you my friend just sacrificed performance for looks

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MorningZ on Aug/12/02 said:
you'll find "antenna boosters" out there in the audio world, but guess what... an antenna is a passive device, and those boosters do not work..

you my friend just sacrificed performance for looks
If I have sacrificed performance for looks then how does the S2000 get good radio reception?

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
just the antenna, is there a booster that sits inside the S2000's bodywork?

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I have had decent results with the antenna boosters. I did however use them in addition to a good antenna, and I agree that a good antenna is always best. Garbage in = amplified garbage out. What most people consider to be the antenna on a car is only half of the antenna; the car body is the other half.

·
Registered
126 Posts
try making tin foil hats like those kids in signs

·
Registered
206 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
kelly on Aug/13/02 said:
the car body is the other half.

the car body can't be an antenna because it's grounded

Quote: StyleZ_23 on Aug/13/02 Because the S2000 Antenna is so small the booster helps out, I ended up buying the whole unit, and it works fine for me
do you have a part number for the booster?

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have the part number for the whole assembly it is 39150-S2A-A01 @ www.hparts.com its no more then $90 and at http://www.hondaautomotiveparts.com/auto/jsp/mws/prddisplay.jsp its no more then $130. The Honda dealership should have the part number for the base Antenna.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts