Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It's almost time for the next autocross...well for you guys anyway. I'm going to be busy picking up trash off the bottom of the Comal river instead

Last month was a nice turnout for the tegs, don't let my absence this time kill it though!

once again it's Sunday October 7th, at Gulf Greyhound Park.

Useful links: Houston Regional Solo Event #10 | Schedule & Entrant Listing | Course Map GIF & PDF

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Boooo ... there won't be anyone there to kick my bootay, lol ...

Humn, perhaps I should take this as an opportunity to get a 1st place trophy, ha,ha! That would mean only running in the afternoon though ... we'll see ...

(Oh, and what's this noise about picking up trash? More details, please.)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I really want to run in both the morning and afternoon, so maybe if we can convince all of the STD folks to run in the morning, then we can get timing and registration to let the group run in the morning. I mean, they let the 'Club' class run in the morning, why not let STD be the club?

We'll see ...

Vic, sounds like just you and Sandra, and myself will be running this time, unless your H-I groupies will be coming too ... but as of yet, I don't see where any of them have registered to race.

·
Registered
232 Posts
drcheap on Sep/24/07 said:
going to be busy picking up trash off the bottom of the Comal river instead
Sounds like you tore through the judge's onion patch on a 4x4 or something

I might be up there sunday, maybe not. hope it's good for ya'll if I dont see you then.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Ha,ha ... that's funny Soft. I bet though that the Doc is either gonna be there diving, snorkling, or tubing for pleasure, OR he could be involved in some kind of environmental clean up - I mean, he dives, so cleaning the bottom of a fairly clear river probably won't be much of a problem for him. That environmental clean up thing would be cool. The Comal is popular for tubing and what-not ...

·
Registered
373 Posts
yes!!!!

AutoX coming up....im not sure how many H-I guys are going to come or not...so far i think like 2-3 said yes...we are trying to set up another integra meet for this weekend...so we have been busy...hehe...

i do have some other friends that want to come too.. a civic, mustang, etc....they havent confirmed though....

AHA!!!

so the Doc is a swimmer....that explains his quick feet work when it comes to shifting....
hmmm.....i shall now begin my training...here i come ankle weights...hehe

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes, Paul got it right...it's part of an annual event where SCUBA divers from all over (mainly TX of course) clean up trash that the tubers & others toss into the river.

As crappy as it sounds, it's actually quite fun -- this will be my third year in a row to participate. We find all kinds of interesting stuff, and the after parties are always a good time too

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Bro, you're a conservationist after my own heart! That's most excellent man, my hat's off to you!

I'm a pretty big tree huggin, green thumbed, animal and insect savin, catch and releasin (well some times, lol - you gotta eat some of them) conservationist myself.

Somebody has to save the planet ... might as well be us - you know, since we live here and all

·
Registered
4,227 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Strider7slvrGSR on Sep/25/07 said:
Somebody has to save the planet ... might as well be us - you know, since we live here and all
Yup, saving the planet with 8mpg fuel economy at the autocross LOL

Oh, and you should run STD in the afternoon, get your little mini-cone, and then give me one of those free-DB-coupons you have for the Nov or Dec event

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
drcheap on Sep/27/07 said:
Yup, saving the planet with 8mpg fuel economy at the autocross LOL

Shhhh ... That was supposed to be our lil secret ... Geesh ...

Man - now all of my tree huggin friends wont' hang out with me.
Thanks a lot ...

(he,he,he)

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
drcheap on Sep/27/07 said:
Oh, and you should run STD in the afternoon, get your little mini-cone, and then give me one of those free-DB-coupons you have for the Nov or Dec event
Nah, I think I am just gonna run X in the morning, and DB in the afternoon. I hope to have some other friends coming out with me, and they need to experience a full day of it, lol. on top of that, I don't have to tell you that I need the practice.

I was only considering running STD to get a trophy, and that's pretty lame. I won't catch you in year end points, and taking a trophy when I am not running against any real competition is really, really cheap and vain.

I guess my pride started to get the better of me, and I started to forget why I go out there - I go to have FUN! Oh yeah, and to try to learn something about driving too, ha,ha. And darned if I won't go out there and drive all day till my lil hearts content, lol!

Bah, I would share if I could, but the DB coupons are non-transferable. Either I have to use them, or no one can. I guess they didn't want us to sell them ...

·
Registered
232 Posts
Shhhh ... That was supposed to be our lil secret ... Geesh ...

Man - now all of my tree huggin friends wont' hang out with me.
Thanks a lot ...

(he,he,he)
lol...had me going there

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Which raises the question ... WHY? are you not yet registered, lol ...

·
Registered
373 Posts
ooops.....well im not going to let it bite me in the a$$ this time....i have registered....

STD #11...FTW!!!

im just going to use the morning to check out the track and get on a few rides....

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
I only see your name on there, so does that mean that Sandra is not going to drive this time?

Also, what about your H-I buddies, any of them going to register and run? If so, try to impress upon their minds the value of pre-registering online.

Ha, ha ... and one last thing - MAN, they are SO gonna call you 'SE_TEG96' when they announce your times and what-not on Sunday. Hopefully they won't butcher your name. You know, I mean because you registered for the event as 'SE_TEG96'.

Aight, lates!

·
Registered
373 Posts
awww crap....i didnt think about the name thing....
let me see if i can change it...

Im going to ask the other guys if they are going to register...Sandra isnt going to race..i dont think...we havent been able to get her smaller rims as we planned...but maybe we can switch around our tires or something...let me ask her....

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
This guy is now running with you in STD as well ...

White2004VolvoS60

I SOOOO hope you don't let the noob in a Volvo school you, lol ...

1 - 20 of 29 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.