Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was reading the article information about gen 3 teg's at http://www.team-integra.net/sections/articles/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=43 and it says there that a LS has more torque than a GSR. but i read this site http://www.matt3t4.20m.com/photo5.html it says that a gsr has 1lb more....and that site has the same amount horsepower given on WWW.EDMUNDS.COM as well.

whos wrong? edmunds + mattsite or is TEAM INTEGRA giving false info? my friends and i were arguing about ls having more torque than a gsr. please clear this mix up for all us integra enthusiasists. thanks

·
Registered
93 Posts
Well i think the ls has more lower end torque then the gsr. But if you are just flat out comparing torque, then i would say the ls would have more torque. Comparing that LS can go up to 7100 without any mods like ecu upgrade and the gsr go up to i think 8100 or so the ls will have faster gear ratios and more torque though not by much. the LS tranny itself i have been told is better to use on most applications, I mean take in comparison, my car:

1995 Integra LS with over 200k mi on it and it was able to take abuse and what not for over 2 months, i am suprised my cluth hasnt burnt yet. A friend of mines buy a 1995 honda civic hatch back SI and that when he drove it to my house on the same day he bought it i gave him a tune up and he drove off.. 30 min later he called me and say that his clutch just burnt he ended up driving back and dropping it at my house.

So in regards i think the ls, though the lack of VTEC, has a strong bottem end, lower end torque and better tranny minus up to the type r LSD transmission, but thats another story.

·
Registered
518 Posts
jdmsta12 on Mar/03/04 said:
Well i think the ls has more lower end torque then the gsr. But if you are just flat out comparing torque, then i would say the ls would have more torque. ...the ls will have faster gear ratios and more torque though not by much. the LS tranny itself i have been told is better to use on most applications, I mean take in comparison, my car:
i dont understand what you are talking about, the ls motor produces 1less ft/lb torque than the gsr.

the ls has longer gears than the gsr therefore with absolute gear ratio's of the ls and gsr the gsr has quite a bit more torque,
compair first gear in the ls and gsr, the ls will produce 1761 ft/lbs torque and the gsr will produce 1833 ft/lbs with the absolute gear ratios taken into account. that is a 72 ft/lb difference.
thus for acceleration the gsr tranny is superior to the ls, and the clutch and fly are interchageable between all the b18 trannies.

·
Registered
518 Posts
btw that is my bad the jdm gsr has 129ft/lbs and the usdm gsr has 124ft/lbs. the gsr will still have more torque with the absolute gear ratio taken into account

TI has all that info in the specs and it is right on, did you really think that TI could be wrong

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
well...thats the thing..i wantd to clear it up...b/c that www.edmunds.com site and the other one i mentioned has the same RATIOS...but for some odd reason TI has diff ratios...thast the thing i DoNT get....can anyone else explain this?

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
redteg02 on Mar/03/04 said:
btw that is my bad the jdm gsr has 129ft/lbs and the usdm gsr has 124ft/lbs. the gsr will still have more torque with the absolute gear ratio taken into account

TI has all that info in the specs and it is right on, did you really think that TI could be wrong
man u dont make sense...from the 1st entry and the 2nd. in the first entry u said in the thousands....and plus i am comparing GSR AND LS...not usdm and jdm gsr's....
perfectly u dont understand what i'm trying to say...i was hoping u can clear up the correct torque power for the ls and gsr usdm 94-01. i'm comparing the 3 sites...and 2 of the other sites i mentioned are the same compared to TI. TI has diff. torque ratios which made me think who's right and who's wrong. if u were talking about which produces more torque.....and u believed TI was correct...than why does TI mentioned the gsr has 124lbs...and ls has 128lbs and u jus said that a gsr has more lbs..ARE U RETARDED?! i'm sorry but please if u are going to give facts..please have it correct. esp. the guy above u. he really didn't make any sense. i hope someone can clear this up.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Don't believe Edmund's they are wrong so many times, it is not even funny. I have looked up cars so many times cause I am bored and they have been wrong a lot.

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
From my 1994 Integra dealer brochure.

LS 142hp @ 6,300 RPM 127lbs-ft @ 5200 RPM

GSR 170hp @ 7600 RPM 128lbs-ft @ 6,200 RPM

·
Registered
69 Posts
Just to show that edmunds can be wrong. My best friend has a 2002 SVT Focus, on edmunds the 2002 and 2003 have the same engine(2.0), HP(170) and Torque(145). It says that the 2002 weighs in at 2750 lbs and 2003 at 2593 lbs. Now thats a good difference, but 2002 0 to 60mph is 7.46 sec. and 2003 is 8.56 sec. That is a big difference! Look at the weight. All this was taken from edmunds.com, under 2002 & 2003 Focus SVT, under specs.

I just showed this just to prove don't believe everything you see.

·
Registered
452 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
thanks furious. so do u agree that TI is wrong also? orrr. TI says LS has more torque than GSR.

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
The people that say LSs are "torque monsters" are just full of it. The only way a LS has torque is with ALOT of boost. I can now officially say ive owned a LS and a GSR...trust me, the gsr is better in every aspect. The LSs torque curve is peaky as hell(compared to a relatively flat one on a gsr). True the GSRs torque curve is in no way flat, but its alot smoother then the LS, and thats with vtec and secondaries kicking in. Now heres the real killer...the ITR only has 130 ft/lbs of torque. Placement of torque is very important(more torque up top is faster because u arent losing acceleration by revving it higher). BTW, gearing is all important as well...as you've obviously noticed.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts