Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
433 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://superhonda.com/hp_calc.html

I saw it today, it claims if you can provide 1/4 mile time and finishing MPH they can calculate your horses.....

I think this thing is bogus tho, cuz wouldnt car weight, cylinders, and engine size (liters) also matter.... ehh MD where are you?

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
Lachean on Aug/05/02 said:
I think this thing is bogus tho, cuz wouldnt car weight, cylinders, and engine size (liters) also matter.... ehh MD where are you?
None of that calculates into horsepower bud, only torque and RPM.

·
Registered
461 Posts
this thing has to be bogus. i put in 88mph and put in 2100 for the weight and the hp was 122...then i kept the mph at 88 and changed the weight to 2300 and the hp went up to 133. that is a bit backwards..

·
Registered
879 Posts
In a perfect world of no air resistance, no tire spinning, and other such variables yes that equation should be correct.

·
Registered
5,536 Posts
lol...it said i had 144 horses!!! on an LS?!?!? BWAAHAHAHAHAHA!

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
well it says "true engine power," not power at the wheels. your car has 142 stock, so its pretty close. was this with or without your mods?

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
i put in speed 95 weight of 2300, and i got 168 hp. I must have a type rs. Damn! that is complete sh*t and a waste of someone's programming time.

·
Registered
573 Posts
stuff like that is a waste of time, if you really wanna know how much HP you've got go take a DYNO test!!!!!!

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
and if any of you went to the dyno you would probably find that those #'s are close give or take 10 h.p. because they are rough estimates given such things as wind resistance.

"Yeah that's so those ricer idiots at ClubSi can strut around claiming they have 200hp."

kind of like the idiots here basing their data on a g-tech's
this site gets worse every day

·
Registered
2,116 Posts
why defend a program that gave me over a thousand horsepower going 140 miles an hour? This is not accurate, and i don't see this gtech abuse as much as you say you do.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts