Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ive read through a lot of the posts but none of them gave me a straight answer.. I have a Automatic 2001 LS. She runs great, no major problems whatsoever.

The only concern I have is a weird sound when I shift from park to reverse. It sounds like a snapping or a clicking sound. Sometimes it is loud, sometimes it is hard to hear. Sometimes it doesnt make the sound and sometimes it makes the sounds when I start to backup. Does anybody know what it could be? Do you think I should bring it in for service? I am just looking for some feedback. I would rather have some knowledge when I bring it into Acura just in case they make the problem out worse then it really is.

thx,
noob

·
Registered
82 Posts
doe sit make it as you slide it into reverse? could just be that your parkd on an incline if thats it.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
PapaDizzle on Mar/30/04 said:
where does the sound come from on the car?
It sounds like it comes from underneath the car around the passenger side.

UPDATE:
Actually it seems like it is coming from the middle of the car towards the back.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i have a 95 ls and i have the same problem.it comes from the middle of the car, and somtimes it jolts the car after a quite slipping sound. im not sure what it is but i hope its nothing big

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
i managed to take the car to the mechanic today to check whats up with the noise. Im not sure if this would help you but my dip stick on the transmission was loose so it actually flew out and my transmission grinded on the bottom of the stick. this is what cause the huge noise, then afterwards the transmission was leaking because the dip stick wasnt in correctly. This cause the transmission to leak a bit. but the good news is that, its a pretty cheap fix. hope this helps

·
Registered
19 Posts
I just got 94 integra LS (auto).... Same problem (chunk sound) when shift to reverse. Specially, after cold start. It has big sound. After engine warm up, hard to hear it. Hopefully, other people can give me some more informations about it. Thanks

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
jeff-abalone on Nov/17/09 said:
I just got 94 integra LS (auto).... Same problem (chunk sound) when shift to reverse. Specially, after cold start. It has big sound. After engine warm up, hard to hear it. Hopefully, other people can give me some more informations about it. Thanks
Is pretty common... i had a 92RS auto before, it mostly happen during cold. Also you will most likely experience the shifter getting stuck in park position when is cold as well. There is no cure for that, at least during all the time i owned the g2 auto, the problem never cured. The only thing i would suggest would be replace the transmission fluid... :(

1 - 9 of 9 Posts