Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone where the stock horn is located?. when i press it sounds like its right in the cabin with me.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
and to build on those replies...

from the turbo install article

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
really? lol. i guess honda did a poor job in insulating the cabin. i swear it sounds like its right under the passenger seat.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
baadhabit on Feb/07/04 said:
really? lol. i guess honda did a poor job in insulating the cabin. i swear it sounds like its right under the passenger seat.
or maybe they did a really good job making the horn, since it's meant to be heard

·
Registered
3,030 Posts
422crew on Feb/07/04 said:
im considering an air horn like the 18 wheelers have. ppl would never suspect it coming from a honda
I think there is an article about this already....

try 3 or 4 horns with differnt specs (like hi note, low note etc...

just make sure you use a [email protected]!

·
Registered
1,413 Posts
Just for your information everyone, most states have laws on the books about small cars with extremely loud horns. Legally, a vehicles size has to be relative to the intensity (pitch and amplitude) of the sound it makes, which is exactly why big eighteen wheelers have a really loud deep horn and our little Hondas have whussy horns.

With that said, I bought a horn that has a decibal rating of 132. That's about as loud as somone blasting a trumpet six inches from your ear.

I always wondered about wiring a freight train engine horn up. You'd give people heart attacks with that bad boy.

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
gospeedracer182 on Feb/08/04 said:
I always wondered about wiring a freight train engine horn up. You'd give people heart attacks with that bad boy.
I heard some guy with a lifted truck had one of those.

·
Registered
2,325 Posts
gospeedracer182 on Feb/08/04 said:
Just for your information everyone, most states have laws on the books about small cars with extremely loud horns. Legally, a vehicles size has to be relative to the intensity (pitch and amplitude) of the sound it makes, which is exactly why big eighteen wheelers have a really loud deep horn and our little Hondas have whussy horns.
I heard that is true,but you'd think people would be able to see a big 18 wheeler. Our little hondas are less noticable and I seem to get cut off alot. Maybe small cars should have louder horns or blinking lights or sirens or something.lol

1 - 19 of 19 Posts