Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So I wanted to check under my hood and guess what? It won't open. As you know I'm running a turbo setup so I don't have a lot of room to play with. This happen before buy this time it's different. I'm pulling on the cable and nothing is happening, this is from underneath my car. What should I do next?

·
Registered
249 Posts
I had a similar problem, I ended up unbolting the hood latch from the radiator support by reaching up under the bumper but your running an intercooler so it might be kinda hard to get to

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can get to that area actually...it's just really tight lol.

·
Registered
587 Posts
Perhaps the cable broke completely. Try removing the lever under the dash and take pliers and pulling the cable itself maybe more pull will help and if the cable is snapped then it will pull out completely and at that stage you will have to address getting to the latch itself.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yeah I think it's broken. The end that connects to the latch...the grommet part broke off. I believe the cable is not sitting secure enough therefore I can't open the hood. Ill call my dealer and see if he can hook me up

·
Registered
4,783 Posts
cut the cable. remove the sheath. pull the exposed cable. hood should pop.

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
From the looks of it the cable isn't even sitting correctly in the latch. Ill remove the latch when I get home. It should open up?

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Got the hood open finally. I took so much stuff out just so I can try to get the third bolt on the latch. I gave the latch one more puller and the hood popped open! The latch position was a little high not allowing the hood latch to release correctly. I fixed that problem by just lower the latch some. Also took my downpipe off on the exhaust side of my turbo and its good! No oil, just dirty from exhaust gases.

Side note
Ill be updating my build thread because I got some new parts in for my oil cooler and battery relocation and some other odds and ins

·
Registered
1 Posts
Got the hood open finally. I took so much stuff out just so I can try to get the third bolt on the latch. I gave the latch one more puller and the hood popped open! The latch position was a little high not allowing the hood latch to release correctly. I fixed that problem by just lower the latch some. Also took my downpipe off on the exhaust side of my turbo and its good! No oil, just dirty from exhaust gases.

Side note
Ill be updating my build thread because I got some new parts in for my oil cooler and battery relocation and some other odds and ins
My hood latch is stuck also any tips ? The cord isn’t connected right

1 - 9 of 9 Posts