Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a picture of their hood pin switch install?
Just curious where the best place is to put it...it terms of:

- in the front or rear of engine bay
- best place to avoid water and moisture buildup
- so the hood hits it nicely, or do you have to customize it so it hits the pin

Thanks!

·
Registered
181 Posts
The previous owner of my car put hood pins on teh stock hood, and they are located at the front of the hood. That would be pointless to put them at the rear of the engine bay cuz that isnt where the latch is. Sorry i dont have any good pics to show u

·
Registered
92 Posts
I don't have a pic..but put it in the front.. if it's in the back they'll have to open the hood ALL the way to activate the switch.. if its in the front..once it's poped the switch activates.. I think there's some holes in the frame in the front by the bumper.. try and find one that fits your switch..and you should be all good.. I don't think there's a good way to keep it from gettting wet.. but those things still work even when rusty, so don't worry about it

Edit: Oh and you should be able to adjust the height that the pin rests at by the two nuts that you use to lock it down

·
Registered
166 Posts
kelly on Aug/09/02 said:
I bought a factory hood switch; it's very, very nice and very, very expensive ( for '99 GSR - listed $62.50, paid $42.50). Got it from dealer, you might be able to get it cheaper online.
WOW...what's so special about the OEM hood switch....to warrant that price???

I just used a simple pin switch....cost of about $1.99. All this switch does is...when hood opens....ground the switch and trigger the alarm.

·
Registered
2,377 Posts
I realize what it does. Look at a factory switch; if you see one you might think it is worth the price. It's much different than a pin switch. There are many reasons why I didn't use a pin switch. None are really significant. A decent pin switch will work just fine. Many are quite cheap and do rust, however. I was just presenting another option.

·
Administrator
43,014 Posts
btw, hood pins should always go in the front of the engine bay bacause if you put it on the back, the hood puts two much sideways pressure on the switch and it will break

·
Registered
442 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Cool, thanks guys.

Can I ask now about how to connect the wire to the switch?
Do you need to put a male connector on the wire,
or can you wrap it through the hole?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts