Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,979 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was having a problem with my hood not closing all the way. I'd close it and it would bounce back up and get caught by the saftey latch. A couple times it even popped up into the saftey latch on the highway! So its a slow sunday so i decided to set out to fix it.

Tools for the Job:
Engine Degreaser
WD-40
Plastic Bags
Paper Towels

Step 1:
Shove a plastic bag around the hood latch just to eliminate as much overspray as possible

Step 2:
Spray away! Spray the degreaser on the latch and especially around the pivot points so that you get the gunk out. Here is the degreaser I used...worked great.

Wait about 10 minutes to let the degreaser soak in.

Step 3:
Use the hose if you have access to one, I didn't so I used a cup of water and pour it on to wash the degreaser out. Use some paper towels to wipe off the gunk thats left over.

Step 4:
Put a new plastic bag in there and then spray away with the WD-40. Get all the pivot points really well.

Another quick DIY in about 20 minutes time!

Now I need to wash my car!

·
Registered
104 Posts
i have the same problem. I WD40'd the shyt out of the cable from where the latch is under the steering wheel, didnt do anything, WD40'd the latch and everything. I might try this... as soon as the weather stops sucking. Then relocate it.

·
Registered
9,295 Posts
UponHaste on Oct/20/08 said:
i have the same problem. I WD40'd the shyt out of the cable from where the latch is under the steering wheel, didnt do anything, WD40'd the latch and everything. I might try this... as soon as the weather stops sucking. Then relocate it.
weather won't stop sucking till next summer!

Good writeup! I did this to mine a while back...really helped!
M

·
Registered
1,667 Posts
wow awesome im kinda having taht problem everytime i close my hood and I dont wanna slam it really hard to get it to stay down. I am gonna do this on my teg when i get a chance thanks for the write up.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.