Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Banned
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im debating on if i want to use my obd1 p72 ecu or my p28 ecu to tune with my hondata. both of the ecus are socketed and chipped for hondata. But i dont know which one would be better for me to use and tune. I have a Drag turbo kit with a wicked IM which one would u guys prefer? Also if i take off my VAFC and plug in my hondata, would the car be able to run right because with the VAFC on i had to lean out the lower RPMS for it to idle correctly and im scared if i take it out itll idle very harsh

·
Registered
715 Posts
someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think you need the p72 unless you're using the stock gsr im with the IABs. So either one should do the job but the p72 may have more resale value since Obd2 GSR owners with the stock IM need it.

you need a basemap for the hondata in order to run the car. Especially with bigger injectors. Ditch the VAFC once you get the hondata installed properly. hope this helps...

·
Banned
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
yea cause ill be putting my turbo kit back on and ill be running RC 440s the p28 was already tuned for a lsvtec turbo setup..i just wanted to know if i can use that just to drive to a shop to get it tuned without any problems

·
Registered
2,262 Posts
DJgurglaGSR on Jan/24/06 said:
someone can correct me if i'm wrong, but i don't think you need the p72 unless you're using the stock gsr im with the IABs. So either one should do the job but the p72 may have more resale value since Obd2 GSR owners with the stock IM need it.

you need a basemap for the hondata in order to run the car. Especially with bigger injectors. Ditch the VAFC once you get the hondata installed properly. hope this helps...
I don't know about Hondata but in CROME it wouldn't matter because you can disable them.

·
Registered
744 Posts
I'm running a very similar setup, using a p28 with Hondata s200.. except on RC 310cc injectors. I ended up keeping my VAFC in the car because I wanted to know my revs and throttle percentages.

You may want to keep the VAFC in your car, unless you badly need money and need to sell it for that purpose. I personally enjoy being able to see those things, but to some, that might not be so important. All you do is zero out all your fuel graphs / maps on the VAFC and let the Hondata do the rest. Good luck man.

·
Registered
21,518 Posts
98B18C on Jan/24/06 said:
Also if i take off my VAFC and plug in my hondata, would the car be able to run right because with the VAFC on i had to lean out the lower RPMS for it to idle correctly and im scared if i take it out itll idle very harsh
You can run the VAFC to get to the tuner, but after that take it out or "0" all the fuel modifiers.

Also, either ECU will work just fine.

·
Banned
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
aight so there is really no difference between the 2 ecus? cause i see alot of people using the p28 instead of the p72...i have 2 sets of hondata s200b and i want to choose the one that will be best and sell the other set. Thanks for the help and info guys

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
The most important or deciding factor in which ECU to get is the cost and availability. Thats why most guys opt for the P28. Easy to get and cheap. P72's are harder to find and cost a lot more.

·
Banned
643 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
in my case i currently have possession of both a p28 and a p72...which one do u guys think i should use? p28 cause i have a single stage intake manifold? or the p72 cause it wont matter?

·
Registered
2,918 Posts
Since you have a single stage IM it doesn't matter which one you use. Just sell the P72.

The only real reason you need the P72 is if you need the IAB control. That one reason guys run a P72 instead of a P28. But these days, that's not really the case anymore because there is a way to add IAB control to a P28.

·
Registered
7,384 Posts
but the knock sensor is disabled with hondata. Besides, the knock sensor is only good up to 5000rpms. Anything higher it can't detect.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.