Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was just wondering if anyone know's which produces more horsepower, the Hondata ECU or the AEM cold air intake. I can't decide which one to get first. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
I would get the CAI first. Otherwise, you will have to get your ECU reprogrammed when you finally add the CAI. The Hondata ECU flash is tailored to your engine configuration, so if you have an exhaust and CAI, your ECU will be programmed different than for a stock configuration.

Also, be sure to install the Hondata insulating intake manifold gasket, to make the most of your CAI.

Another thing to consider is that the ECU flash will most likely void your engine warranty, while the intake and exhaust modifications will not.

once you're happy with your bolt-on upgrades, then consider the Hondata ECU flash.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have also heard that a few people are trying to get the hondata ecu, then getting turbo. would this be a good idea? if it is, then should i get the CAI? cause i know some turbos come with their own intake. I plan on spending a lot for the turbo, no cheap sh*t for me.

·
Registered
1,748 Posts
Gvtec on Dec/02/02 said:
A fully programmable system is basically useless for a stock car.
The Hondata ECU upgrade is not user programmable. You send them your ECU, key, and immobilizer and they flash the PROM. They have different flavors of the ECU program, depending on what modifications you have and what redline you desire. They do have a version for the stock configuration that varies the VTEC engagement point among other things.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts