Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
IF THIS SUBJECT HAS BEEN BROUGHT UP BEFORE, TAKE IT EASY oN ME! KINDA NEW oN TO THIS AS I SWAPPED FROM THE ACCORD TO THE INTEGRA CROWD! (THANK GOD!) BUT EVERYoNE HAS SAID NOT TO BUY A CHIP! MY HoNDA DEALER HAS A HoNDA INTERFACE UNIT, CAN HE PROGRAM MY COMPUTER FOR MY MODS TO ELIMINATE ALL FACTORY LIMITERS? WHAT EXACTLY IS THE HoNDATA?

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
Take off the caps man....why would you want all of your factory limiters taken off?

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
opps, sorry about the caps! ill remember next time.

not really worried about the limiters, maily looking for a little boost in hp for my mods i have done, example, the computer fighting my mods.

·
Registered
21,509 Posts
Taking off the limiters just gives you more chance of blowing up something. There is no speed limiter on the integra stock, so the only thing you would be removing would be the rev limiter. This is a bad idea because the rev limiter is what keeps you from being stupid and accidentally making oil meet antifreeze. Hondata is an aftermarket company that reprograms (and upgrades) stock computers for modifications, BUT you shoud do a lot of modifying before you should ever even consider a chip. The stock chip doesnt fight your mods. In fact, it re-programs itself when it senses changes in intake, etc.

·
Registered
3,953 Posts
http://www.hondata.com/

Hondata basically acts a piggyback module that will intercept sensors and modify those sensor's signals to the user's settings, which are stored on a E-PROM.

Their claim to fame is the base maps are easily found for various levels of modifications, which makes novice tuning easier.

·
Registered
444 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
THANKS FOR THE INFO! THAT IS oNE REASoN IM IN THE INTEGRA NOW! HELP FROM OTHERS!

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Why are you screaming again? ...I guess you just forgot. Welcome to the 'Team'.

·
Registered
110 Posts
Well, I just recieved my Hondata Stage 2B in the mail today after being swayed for about 3 months of people trying to talk me into it. I ordered it Friday of last week, they programmed it on monday with base maps and they sent it that same day from Cali and it got here today!!! Well, I am going to be running 400 hp.(most likely) by Sept 28 & 29th. at Battle of the Imports. in Dinwiddie, VA it's going to be a squeeze; however, I'm gonna make it. I will let you know how it all goes. I am gong to be running 25 - 28 lbs of boost. (yes my engine can handle it, all I'm worried about is my diff and my axles I'm gong to have to launch high!!!
) but it'll be ok for just one race. And if it's not tough sh*t, but anyway, like I said. I'll let you know exactlly how everything goes.

Later,

Sean C.

·
Registered
301 Posts
20lb.teg - that's an insane setup you must have, I didn't realise we had anyone running figures like that, good luck to you man.

·
Registered
34 Posts
20lb.teg-what all do you have on on your engine that allows you to run such high boost? and what kind of quarter mile times do you see? You must have "a true 10 second car)!!!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts