Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is it possible to put DEl Sol shocks and springs stock setups on 94 ls teg 4 dr, and if so does anyone have them and how much is the drop? camber kit? thanx

-Brian

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you decide to do this i have a set of the springs off a 95 del sol that i totalled out

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
IF they even fit (which I would doubt)...I would think the spring rates and the valving of the shocks would be all wrong for the Integra, a car that weights a few hundred pounds (at least) more than a Del Sol.

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i know the weight is different i was wondering if this was at all possible and also how much for the spring shock combo? anyone on this site has this setup??

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
i thought i saw someone who had this set-up and it was lowered also, the del sols sit very low stock, an the teg is heavier so i figured the spring would be more compressed therefore lowering it

·
Registered
16,250 Posts
Wouldnt you also think its not safe since the teg is so much heavier and the spring rates ARE NOT designed for your car? Why not just get lowering springs for an integra? Do it right the first time.

If you want a mild drop and want OEM quality get some ITR springs. .50-.75 drop. If you have a question about shocks then you can search the suspension forum for all the info you will ever need.

Also check the articles we have on suspension.

·
Registered
8,678 Posts
would it work?

yes, the integra/civic/del sol use the same suspension setups as far as i know. everything on my 92 hatch so far has been the same as on the teg, and im sure that the del sol would not be any different.
a. because it is a Civic
b. because the itr swabar can still attach up with out modifcation of the endlink points. suggesting that is uses many of the same peices (see C.)
c. because honda is cheap and uses the same parts where ever possible.

is it a good idea? dunno, figure out the spring rates.

·
Registered
3,205 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/09/04 said:
What's with the notion that having the wrong springrates is dangerous?
?

The curb weight for the Del Sol is around 2400 lbs....a G3 Integra is closer to 2700 lbs.

Do you really want to be driving around with a suspension that is designed for a car that is 300 pounds lighter than yours? Sounds to me like the recipe for a suspension failure...maybe while you're driving down the highway at 65 mph.

Keeping in mind that a set of lowering springs can be had for like ~$150 or whatever anyways...Doesn't seem like a worthwhile risk to take to me.

·
Registered
10,393 Posts
Louse76 on Feb/09/04 said:
I still find it hard to believe that there would be a failure. And my teg weighs right about 2400 without being stripped.
I found it hard to believe too, i don't think it has anything to do with the spring rate, but more like with the shocks... see, you guys are throwing in those insane stiff spring rate of 400-600lbs... so if you are saying spring rate would result a dangerous drive, then i think all those people with aftermarket spring rate would be dead by now...?

See... if a softer spring rate would result a dangerous drive, then i don't know why Tein makes their S Tech spring (1.8" drop) with lower spring rates than our car.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts