Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I wouldn't mind a new RSX. The design language at Acura is finally coming around and looks fantastic. The TLX and RLX have great tech and awesome looks. Put all that into a small coupe with a 2.0T and 4 wheel steer (for you Prelude lovers) and I feel you have a winner. Make it based off the ILX (Civic) chassis so cost stay low and can share parts.

·
Registered
397 Posts
I haven't read this particular article but Honda needs to bring back the Integra

I highly doubt that they would bring the integra back, too many options and other things that are mandated to be included in current vehicles. So even if they would bring it back it would not be the same car we have come to love and they cant just make more integra's like the way it was made before. That back end does not look that great but i am sure it was designed to perform function over form there.

·
The Enforcer!
5,803 Posts
I highly doubt that they would bring the integra back, too many options and other things that are mandated to be included in current vehicles. So even if they would bring it back it would not be the same car we have come to love and they cant just make more integra's like the way it was made before. That back end does not look that great but i am sure it was designed to perform function over form there.
i agree with you but acura did have a poll on there facebook a few years back on which car we would like to see come back. the integra was light years ahead of the other vehicles. i guess its just wishful thinking. the funny thing is or question is:

would anyone here buy a new integra if it was to rerelease?

·
Premium Member
4,423 Posts
It would be nice to see them around but honestly i wouldnt. New cars have too many sensors, wiring, weight and just too much everything. It wouldnt be anything like the simple easy to work on integra's that we love.

·
Registered
512 Posts
How many DC2 owners want to buy a RSX?

I would definitely keep an open mind about it till I was able to actually drive the "new Integra". But I wasn't impressed with the DC5 and still have no inclination to purchase one. The new car bulk showed dramatically in the RSX.

·
Registered
704 Posts
How many DC2 owners want to buy a RSX?

I would definitely keep an open mind about it till I was able to actually drive the "new Integra". But I wasn't impressed with the DC5 and still have no inclination to purchase one. The new car bulk showed dramatically in the RSX.
Dealing with a few of the 7th gen civic issues, i rather just skip that generation of cars and get an 8th gen si coupe/sedan.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I'd pick one of these up as the DD for the Evo in a second. I think that's a badass car.

·
Registered
88 Posts
I can not wait to see the mods that come out for this, stock turbo, yeah you can deff see that being swapped up to something even bigger, wouldn't surprise me to see these easily achieve 500hp+ with minor modifications. Regardless, I can't wait to see one of these on the roads here.

·
Super Moderator
14,149 Posts
Well it also says concept. We know the production cars are usually pretty far off as far as looks go.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I can not wait to see the mods that come out for this, stock turbo, yeah you can deff see that being swapped up to something even bigger, wouldn't surprise me to see these easily achieve 500hp+ with minor modifications. Regardless, I can't wait to see one of these on the roads here.
K series already does 500 hp pretty reliably. Amazing engines.

·
Registered
282 Posts
This is one of those "you're doomed if you do, doomed if you don't" moments. If you do release and it kicks ass, it's a front wheel drive toy racer. If you don't, well "you used to be cool Honda".

I'm looking forward to it because it'll make the current hot hatches a bit worried. VWs can go back to it's "Yeah well.. my interior's better" excuses ;)

I'd never buy a re-released Integra anyway, didn't feel the need to go to an RSX. However, I'd def consider going to a hot hatch as a daily. Seeing as how well the EP3 (non CTR) drives, I can only expect good things out of this.

·
Registered
182 Posts
Its kinda ugly but i think it was designed after many other current vehicle designs. Its like the hondas are getting fatter and fatter! It won't be long before someone swaps one of these motors in a civic or a integra.

·
Registered
17 Posts
If it comes exactly like the Euro/Japan spec ones and not a dumbed down Civic Si, I'll get one. I'm hoping it doesn't cost much more than a Fo'ST, MS3, GTi, and the other hot hatches.

I wish they'd come out with a Abarth/Fi'ST competitor as well. Fit Si or Type R haha.

·
Registered
2,224 Posts
Meh ... I agree, the back end is hideous - but as mentioned it is a concept car. The front is ok I guess, but overall it looks like a Focus clone. It's not streamlined like a Teg. Heck, I felt that the RXS was too tall and fat for that matter.

It's all academic for us here in the USA anyway though, I agree with the others - it'll never make it to our shores as it will be released in Japan and Europe. Bummer too, it'd be kinda cool to see someone shoehorn that engine into a 3rd Gen Teg.

A shame about Lotus as well. The Elise is really the only car that I can think of that I would buy if for some reason I had to replace the GSR.

21 - 40 of 53 Posts
About this Discussion
52 Replies
35 Participants
Dorn697
Team Integra Forums
The Team Integra community is a forum dedicated to Acura Integra enthusiasts to discuss engine building, suspension, repair, detailing and anything else Integra related.
Full Forum Listing