Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Sponsored Editorial Content
131 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

The 2016 Honda Civic Type R will usher in a new performance era for the brand.

The Japanese automaker has announced that it’ll be bringing a new Honda Civic Type R Concept II to this year’s Paris Motor Show wearing a bright blue finish while detailing what will be under the hood.

The 2016 Civic Type R will be powered by a 2.0-liter i-VTEC engine from the company’s Earth Dreams Technology family and will produce over 275 hp (280 PS) thanks to a turbocharger helping boost low-end power delivery. But more importantly, Honda is calling the Civic Type-R and its powerplant “is unrivalled against” all previous Type R models including the Civic, Integra, Accord and NSX.

According to the car’s chief engineer Suehiro Hasshi, the model’s appeal will be far greater than just a new high-performance engine lurking under the hood. The 2016 Civic Type R boasts numerous engineering innovations and enhancements that will make it a “true driver’s car, worthy of wearing the famous red ‘H’ badge.”

The company also revealed that the Civic Type R will feature a +R button, similar to the BMW’s M button. Once activated, the +R mode will heighten engine response while torque-mapping will be changed to a more aggressive and performance-focused setting. In addition, steering will become more responsive and along with the Adaptive Damping System, the Civic Type R transforms to offer the ultimate handling experience.

“In default standard mode, the Civic Type R is exceptionally agile, an everyday sports car with an enjoyable and fluid acceleration,” said Hasshi. “The ’+R’ button brings out a more dynamic and athletic car for the driver, to set pulses racing. The difference in character is immense. The ‘+R’ mode is extreme; the car is ideal for track use and will be appreciated by the genuine sports-driving enthusiast.”

The all-new Civic Type R has been developed and engineered for European driving tastes and will go on sale in Europe. No word yet if it’ll be heading to the U.S.
See more Honda Civic Type R photos at AutoGuide.com

·
Registered
122 Posts
That is a very ugly car and thats coming from an Integra driver.
:thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: :thumbs_up: I just can't get over how awful this car looks, especially from the rear.... My friend has an 06 civic Si and I grew to tolerate the space-pod look of that car, but this has gone too far.

·
Registered
711 Posts
honda will shaft the US market again, at the most I bet we'll just get a detuned version of the motor in an ILX or civic si while being a softer performer.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
We will get the 2.0T here. But like aw614 said, it will be lame compared to what they get in the EU. Mostly due to the fact that American's hate fun cars :(
I would love to see this motor in the new 4 door tho. Hand down (to me) it's the best looking Si since the EM1. Paired with that engine and it would be perfect.

·
Registered
711 Posts

Honda is actually claiming that this thing will be faster than the NSX-R... I highly doubt this thing will beat the 7:56 the NSX-R posted at Nurburgring.
Well they were aiming for the fastest fwd car on the ring that the Seat Cupra 280 did in 7:58 earlier in the year

Seat Leon Cupra sets Nurburgring record - BBC Top Gear

Apparently what the deal is with the ‘steer axis’ system' for torque steer, if its something like the revo knuckle ford has in europe on focus

·
The Enforcer!
5,802 Posts
I haven't read this particular article but Honda needs to bring back the Integra

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
I haven't read this particular article but Honda needs to bring back the Integra
On a podcast I listen to (Hooniverse) They had a Honda engineer on as a guest. He said the biggest mistake that Honda did was get rid of the RSX. Instead we ended up with RDX, which was a very ugly and unpopular CUV with a turbo 2.0. He said that should have been the next RSX and ILX variants but the bean counters got in the way of everything that was fun. That the heads at Honda were trying to hard to become Toyota

·
Registered
1,201 Posts
I completely get where the leaders at Honda are going for, and them trying to follow Toyota isn't a bad business plan. It sucks being on the buyers side and having nothing new to replace the Teg with.

I bet the new civic will be pretty close to NSX numbers. I also think it will be hated and far too expensive for the demographic that loves the civic. We want a barebones econobox with the option to throw a better engine in! K.I.S.S.

·
Registered
664 Posts
And the Prelude, that car was such a test-bed for Honda.
DO....NOT.....WANT!!!!

Do you see this abomination that Honda has created? I cannot believe the words coming out of your mouths right now.

Bring back the prelude??? Bring back the thing we all know and love, the Integra? Into what???

Do you want something like this to become an integra? In a time where Honda has forgotten its racing glory and history.

Leave the damn integra alone. Is nothing sacred anymore?

·
Registered
422 Posts
NHSTA Would never allow these things to happen anyway. light weight, low-slung cars of the past are well, the past. Look how big civics are. Look at what an obmination the CRZ was. And as a CRX owner, hearing that car being reffered as a "new replacement" to the CRX was disturbing to say the least. Look at the american pony cars at how high the metal hast to come up on the doors to meet the side windows. There may be 11" of a window to even roll down. Most designs are so regulated by government standards that the little fun cars are going to be few and far between.

Unless it's a Lotus.

·
Registered
711 Posts
NHSTA Would never allow these things to happen anyway. light weight, low-slung cars of the past are well, the past. Look how big civics are. Look at what an obmination the CRZ was. And as a CRX owner, hearing that car being reffered as a "new replacement" to the CRX was disturbing to say the least. Look at the american pony cars at how high the metal hast to come up on the doors to meet the side windows. There may be 11" of a window to even roll down. Most designs are so regulated by government standards that the little fun cars are going to be few and far between.

Unless it's a Lotus.
And Lotus is done in the US now too since their government exception just expired :frown:

·
Super Moderator
14,171 Posts
DO....NOT.....WANT!!!!

Do you see this abomination that Honda has created? I cannot believe the words coming out of your mouths right now.

Bring back the prelude??? Bring back the thing we all know and love, the Integra? Into what???

Do you want something like this to become an integra? In a time where Honda has forgotten its racing glory and history.

Leave the damn integra alone. Is nothing sacred anymore?
That's what I've been saying for awhile now. I would not want the current people in charge making an Integra. Maybe if they get themselves turned back around but I don't see that any time soon.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts