Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i removed my rear seats and rear interior on my 92 gs. I made a c pillar bar using 4' 10.5" of 1 in"black steal" pipe from orchard supply and some old brackets from an old front upper strut bar(tenzo) form a 5th gen accord. I put it where the hatch struts attach to the car. is this the proper place? i will post pics soon.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sorry, really didnt document anything. all i can tell you is use 1 inch. seems the lightest while still being STIFF. the ends of it crush nicely as well. a little heat also helps the crushing of t he ends. the hole drilling is somewha hard because the bit likes to wander. Strong stuff, the black steal. i just grabbed some bolts and nutts laying around(lots of hardware in my household) and used them. i plan on cutting them for a cleaner look. i already painted the bar gunmetal.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Not exactly where a cpillar bar goes but inventive none the less.

Feel anyless bodyflex than usual?

Edit:I cant spell, haha.

·
Registered
661 Posts
Oh to answer your question,
it should be at the top bolts of where the rear seatbelts are.

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
260 Posts
Maniacal on Oct/09/07 said:
ive seen it put there before. now passengers in the back wont have to be too concerned about bustin their heads open on that fat ass bar lol

GJ, paint it
what passengers? lol i dont see any seats, but yes thats where you would put it if you had rear seats installed.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
<D lol, all together, it was about 6 dollars for the pipe from orchard supply. i think i might relocate it to the seatbelt area after finding out the proper place. It definately does close off the chassis somewhat. Noticably. now, when i enter some driveways, i lift the inside rear wheel, whereas before, it would just creak and flex, and all fours would stay down.i love it. i painted SOME of it gunmetal(the part thats visible from the back).

MAKING CHEAP FUNCTIoNAL PARTS FTW!!!!

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Definately money. not so much the time. But HEEYyy, why not if its cheap/free if you have a lot of time?it was a ***** cutting the pipe to length and to cruch and drill the ends. im sure you could bend up some metal or find some metal thats already bent at a hardware store. pretty simple stuff.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.