Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey there buddy 'ol pal!!

Beat me up if this is too broad or not. on B motor heads, there are large and small port volumes, for whatever B motor you may be looking at.

If a b16a has a small port volume, then what exactly is that volume?

If a b18c1 has a large port volume, then what exactly is that volume?

If an LT1 has a small port volume (compared to other domestic V8's), then what exactly is that volume?

In a nutshell, what do we consider to be large and small port volumes?

·
Registered
3,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Michael Delaney on Sep/20/02 said:
your question is basically the proprietary secret most headporting shops keep under their sleeves...their secret to making power...if everyone knew that answer publicly, the cost of headporting would drop like a perverbial rock since anyone with a flowbench and grinder could do it.
Stock port volume sizes?!?!

·
Registered
88 Posts
okay, now I want to know. Sorry integrabad18c, but this is too good to pass up.

What is the secret? MD, do you have a friend that is a headporter, or are you just keeping us in suspense for fun?

It must be joyous as you sit back and watch us lesser beings wig out over stuff like this while inside our cages of inferior knowledge. LOL Don't worry, I don't think you do that. I think you have the smallest ego on this site. A pleasent sight if you ask me.

Anyhow, can you tell us what its all about? I think I smell an article cookin. I like the idea of "anyone with a flowbench and grinder could do it."

Woody

·
Registered
31,217 Posts
Woody_2436 on Sep/22/02 said:
...Anyhow, can you tell us what its all about? I think I smell an article cookin. I like the idea of "anyone with a flowbench and grinder could do it.

Woody
it's already been done. My 2 headporting articles are over at hondavision:

Gotten Head Lately?

Valve Seat Angles Tech

I like to spread the wealth since both the "owners" of TI.net and hondavision.com are friends and former Superhonda.com moderators with me back in the day when we actually ran SHO despite Mike's bumbling of the board and it's frequent crashes. Then he went Gestapo control freak on us and we all left.

·
Registered
4,804 Posts
holy crap mike, how did you manage to sneak that one?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts