Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey whats up. I was wondering if anyone has the HKS hp exhaust on their gen2? I have been debating on what exhaust to buy for a couple months now and its finally time to decide since winter is almost over. If anyone can give me some feed back as to how this exhaust sounds I'd appreciate it. I am looking for an exhaust that is deep in tone and not ear peircing loud...

·
Registered
5,854 Posts
Articles > Performance > Exhaust
• Exhaust design effects on noise [3 Pages] by [ SurferX ]
• Exhaust purchasing guide by [ SurferX ]

The first article will teach you how different componets of the exhaust effect noise and the second has sound clips, pictures, and tubing measurements of various cat-back exhausts. Enjoy.

·
Registered
129 Posts
i just put one on my teg, sounds deep, not raspy, ground clearance on everything is good..I have H&R race springs with 17's on now, and the lowest part of can is 4.25 inches. It also fit very well. If you want, i can post pics up.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
if you could post some pic tom that'd be helpfull, also how loud is it? I know you said it was deep, but whats the db level like?

·
Registered
120 Posts
its gonna be very very hard for him to post a db reading/level. i doubt he has any way of measuring it.

not only that but the loudness of an exhaust is very subjective. what is loud to one person may seem quiet to another. the only way to judge how an exhaust sounds is in person.

·
Registered
728 Posts
I also have one and I would not have any other exhaust aside from maybe a thermal. HKS is quakity and looks all in one. It is not too loud and with a silencer it is even great for a road trip. It does get kind of nerver wrecking after 45 mins of driving without a silencer. The constant humm of the exhaust is annoying to me on any canister muffler though. Thes are old pics, but they will give you an idea just he same.

Like I was saying, these are old pics; the banner and altezzas are old. ;)
But, you get the idea.
on a scale of 1-10, I definitely give it a 9.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Another question....My friend just bought the Apexi N1 catback for his civic hatchback with a B18 swap and its loud as hell! is the HKS catback as loud or whats the comparison like, anyone know??

·
Registered
728 Posts
Like fore mentioned, it is really hard to compare it to other setups. Fo instance, I have a high flow cat, header and intake, that is obviously louder than a car with a stock air box and exhaust manifold. Just as a guess, I would say the Apex-I is going to be louder. I have a friend that has one on his sohc civic and it is quite the bit louder than mine.

·
Registered
930 Posts
alright, I've got the HKS hipower and the sound isn't as deep as a turboed exhaust setup, but it isn't ear piercing like a coffee can exhaust. It's kind of deep and it's got a good tone. My only complaint is that it's too small for my HP gains whenever I switch to FI. I'll just go with the N1 and custom piping when that comes. Which everyone I've talked to says it it louder than the HKS. That might help, but it's hard to describe sound.
~Sean

·
Registered
728 Posts
Well, I have to disagree. I am using that same exhaust and know many people who are on turbo setups. Unles you are looking to run more then 350hp on a t3t4 setup, the back pressure should not be any kind of a problem. Did you swith out the cat?

BTW, I have never hear nor seen an exhaust that sounds like a turbo setup without the turbo ;)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts