Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys. Before I put my Integra away for the winter I hit a pretty deep pothole. It was actually a stripe of asphalt taken out of the road for construction purposes and they had no signs posted so I hit it before I had time to stop. Anyway, I noticed while looking at the car the other day that my left from tire seems to be on more of an angle than the right tire. I'm wondering if I bent anything. What do you guys think? The car hit really hard and I thought I bent rims, but I didn't (not noticable anyways). Any of you do this before? Could it be a control arm bent? I haven't looked closely at the car yet but am hoping to get a chance soon. Just figured I'd post to see if there are anything to look for in particular.

Thanks
Brian

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Obviously I'm gonna jack it up and look to see if I can see the problem when I get some time. I was just asking in advance to see if there's any certain particular areas that would bend in situations like this (i.e. upper or lower control arm, etc). My rims look fine so I would have thought that I'd bend them first before I'd do any damage to the suspension.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Well, my car has been stored since my last post and I finally jacked it up tonight to have a look at it. When I drove it I could feel something 'loose' in the front left when I hit bumps. I took the rims off and noticed that both the front ones have a little bend it the lip from hitting the end of the asphalt (strip that was taken out of the road from construction). I checked all over and everything seems fine except for when I grab the wheels and go from lock to lock fast... I can hear a 'clunk' type noise. I don't know if it's coming from the rack or not. The steering seems fine when I drive it. It's going on the ramp on Saturday and hopefully I can find the problem. Anybody have any ideas what it could be?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.