Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm turboed and I got rid of my stock gsr radiator in favor of the mishimoto two core all aluminium radiator, well after I installed it I filled it up and let it bleed by leaving the cap off well as I'm cruising on the highway my temps become really high almost to the end of the red mark, I pull over fill it up again, well I checked everything, my fans work and I replaced the thermostat, check for leaks and nothing but the weird part is when I'm driving it hard no problems when I"m cruising on the highway it goes to really high temps, any ideas or solutions would help, thanks.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
That doesnt' sound like a radiator problem....if you are overheating on the highway, you have big problems. That's the one place you shouldn't be overheating.

At idle, you are fine?

Next time your temperature starts rising, rev the car...if the temp plummets, you have a leaking headgasket.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
dammit I just replaced the headgasket not too long ago though, like two months before me turboing, yeah when it starts to overheat I pop the hood while i'm driving and it cools down a little, but that's weird when I drive and idle it doesn't over heat only on the highways. so what your saying if it goes up and down it is my headgasket? I don't see no leak anywhere.

·
Registered
32 Posts
if the HG is bad, you would of probably noticed when the car was idleing with the rad cap off. The pressure leaking past the HG makes it way up to the neck and looks like a volcano erupting if it's bad or just air bubbles for a slight leak.

monertering you a/f and egts may also help diagnose your overheating problem

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
naw i fixed the problem and NO IT WAS NOT the head gasket, thank god, it was air bubbles in there, alot, I've been driving hard and cruising on the highway and it's below the half mark like stock.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
When you replaced the headgasket did you use ARP studs? And I hope you torqued them down past stock spec.

Glad you figured out your problem.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yeah I did torque them down past stock when I used arp studs I toqued them to 71ft pounds. I also decided to use 70% distilled water and 30% coolant which helped alot, i also have my fan running everytime the car is on constantly, I should of just kept the integra full radiator which never over heats but I heard so many good reviews about the mishimoto radiator but oh well.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.