Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
what is the highest redline that you have seen on a teg and how was the engine built to support it.

·
Registered
1,955 Posts
I was kinda wondering this myself...(what the highest redline you could build a b series engine to reach???) sorry not trying to highjack just trying to keep out the this thread is crap stuff (just incase someone thinks that)

·
Registered
1,584 Posts
theres a person at my school who had a gsr with a 9000 redline, he swapped out camshafts and changed timing belts and computer stuff. too confusing if you ask me.

·
Registered
289 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
yeah 10.5 is amazing. I wonder how they make it effective tho. most powerbands would drop off way before 10.5...

·
Registered
10,995 Posts
F1 go to like 17k, as for honda, I don't know what's the highest.

·
Registered
3,882 Posts
if wear isn't a problem, and neither is reliability, the sky is sorta the limit.

you can get custom cams ground to support about any powerband location you want, and you can find ever-stiffer valve springs to keep the valves where they should be.

lightweight pistons and rods can be made... proper clearances can be setup (to take into account the massive rod stretch at stupid-high rpms), better r/s ratios packaged, etc etc.

non-pneumatic valvetrains usually have a max of, what, like 12k rpm (whatever you see motorcycles redline at). that's where spring pressures get too high and start shrooming valves.

then you get to find tranny gears to use a stupid redline like that. the whole things kinda pointless, over 9k, or whatever typical off-the-shelf cams like.

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
one of our local guys 96_gsr (JC)'s car redline at around 8.5 or 9K... its .....

umm... lets just say that i got my ass handed to me...lol

Frank

·
Registered
847 Posts
Ho0k3d0nFoniCs on Feb/22/04 said:
mine redlines at 85...but i dont do it alot......i have stock internals so i shift at normal red line
Stock internals, then what's the point? You're dropping in HP before you even hit 8k rpm's, and all you'll accomplish going over 8k, besides losing acceleration, is serious engine damage.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.