Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a 99 LS teg and was driving today on the freeway and noticed that when I was going about 70 the RPMs was about 3300 and when I hit about 80 it was up around 3600 RPMs. I remember that my old 95 would be somewhere around 3250 RPMs at 80 MPH. I tried to look to see if anyone know of a fix but I can't seem to find it. Does anyone know how to fix this problem.

PS. I also used the gear calculator and notice that it the RPM on my teg are kind of high. Help please.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well they both are gen3 tegs and LS. I don't think the tech is off cuz sometimes the tech will show the right RPMs at 70. Just seems to me that the overdrive is not kicking in. BTW the car is a auto if that makes a difference.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
I don't really know the relevance of what a GSR cruises at when going 80 mph...

Honestly? Things sound OK. It's not uncommon for the stock tach to be off by a hundred RPM or so. I wouldn't sweat it.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Isn't there like an overdrive or gear lock that gets triggered when the car reachs 4th gear. The "overdrive" is there to help with gas mileage and to keep the RPMs down when driving on the freeway. Right?

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
Believe me, the overdrive is kicking in like it should. If it wasn't, you'd be at considerably higher cruising RPM.

·
Registered
1,682 Posts
well, i've got a manual LS and i'm pretty sure at 80 i'm doing like 3500 rpms, 4000 rpms at 90, it seems pretty normal to me

·
Registered
83 Posts
mines the same, 70mph 3100rpm's, 80mph about 3500rpm's, 90mph 4000rpm's, i thought it seemed high when i first got it, but i still get good gas millage, and if u figure it out, it means that at 7000rpm's your going to be doing 150mph(not that a stock LS could do 150
)

·
Registered
527 Posts
aznxenon on Feb/18/04 said:
on my gsr, at 80mph, its at 4k rpm.....
HA!!!!
i wish i had that..

at 80mph in 5th im at like 5500 in my LS!!

itr trans.. =)

and to answer this guy's original question.
i don't think it's that big of a deal. and you yourself, cannot be completely accurate by determining a couple hundred rpm's going 80mph.. you have to watch the road somewhat..

i could see if we were talking in the thousands range.. that might be a problem.. but maybe your just bugging out?

cheers

·
Registered
1,554 Posts
yeah its natural for the auto to rev there

we've had a post bout this bout an year ago i believe...

it also depends on if ure going sligh up hill or down hill, depending on the situation....

my auto usually revs at 3K @70 give or take 200+rev depending on the road...

Frank

·
Registered
479 Posts
I have been wondering the same thing. My manual ls is around 3700-4000 when im at 70-80. What i was wondering, is if i boost my car, on a long trip i might be in boost the whole time no? If my boost was to usually kick in around 3000rpm.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
97_Integra_GSR on Feb/18/04 said:
dang Ryan (loud_whispers),

that's pretty high rpm for a LS or a GSR, I'll be riding v-tech all day on my GSR if I was that high...hahaha.
Well, no you don't.

You can't really ride a phone...

And VTEC (note spelling) depends on more than RPM reading....again, a beaten horse....if the horse is dead, get off. Do some reading on what affects VTEC engagement.

·
Premium Member
25,245 Posts
JiGzAcuRa on Feb/18/04 said:
I have been wondering the same thing. My manual ls is around 3700-4000 when im at 70-80. What i was wondering, is if i boost my car, on a long trip i might be in boost the whole time no? If my boost was to usually kick in around 3000rpm.
And no Shane, you won't be in boost all the time. Again, throttle position is a factor in spooling...if you are just cruising, you won't be boosting.

·
Registered
527 Posts
97_Integra_GSR on Feb/18/04 said:
dang Ryan (loud_whispers),

that's pretty high rpm for a LS or a GSR, I'll be riding v-tech all day on my GSR if I was that high...hahaha.
get an ITR transmission.. your rpms will rise to that also..the gearing is very short, shorter than that of a gsr..very noticable difference.. and your vtec only engages at WOT..if you were to race someone on the highway from a 60 mph punch in 5th.. with an itr transmission, drop it to forth at 65 and you'll be right around your vtec engagement point.

but you shouldnt race at high speeds, might get hurt

cheers

1 - 20 of 27 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.