Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey,

I hope someone has the answer to this. I've got a '94 GSR with 113K on it. Sometimes when I come to a stop the brake pedal feels "weak." The car feels like it is not going to stop without my pressing down hard on the brake pedal, even then, there isn't much resistance on the pedal. It doesn't coast at all. It does stop when the brake is applied. The RPMs shoot up and I either have to turn the car off or just let it rev and stop itself. It rarely happens, but I have no clue what it is? The only performance mods to the car are header, exhaust and intake. Everything else is the same. Anyone got any thoughts?

Thanks!

·
Registered
417 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
TheGSRGuy,

I did kind of chicken-scratch the problem on my post. Sorry about not using proper sentence structure. It's really hard to explain the problem without a first hand account, but that's no excuse for sloppy wording of terms. I was just wondering if anyone else had a similiar situation? This problem has even occured when I start the car in the morning. The RPMs would rev up to 2.5k or 3k and then it would go to idle at about 2k. I know that idle should be below 1k, so I'm not sure what the deal is? The problem comes and goes. The pressure on my brakes when driving fast or slow is the same almost all the time, except when this RPM thing occurs.

·
Registered
219 Posts
For awhile i had that problem too. That was when my throttle cable was uncoiling inside of the tubing and sticking. I would start up in the morning and it would idle at 2-2.5 rpms, after a couple of stop lights the rpms would decrease back to a normal level, my best analysis was that the heat would cause the plastic to become more flexible thus decreasing tension on my uncoiling mawhozawhatsit. if this sounds anything like whats happening to your idle, you will probably need to get a new throttle cable. have it checked out, so many things play a role in your idle and brake system that it would be almost impossible to tell with out experincing first-hand. hope i helped a little.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I would say have your master cylinder, brake lines, and fluid checked. Or not sure what its called but i think it can be the brake fluid pump? the system to the far left bottom cornor where the air intake is. Either one of these things are faulty or sum. But have your car checked im only guessing here.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts