Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Every time I make a right turn- and only a right turn- there's a high pitched squeal in the left wheel area that sounds like rubbing metal. During normal driving, there's a low pitched rubbing noise in the left wheel area. I think it might be joint or something around that area, but I need a second opinion. Just starting out on fixing cars myself, so any help would be great. :driving:

·
Administrator
3,598 Posts
You may have one issue, or both noises could be the same issue.

The squeal that you're hearing could be just the tire against pavement. Without a recording, it's tough to be able to diagnose through an internet forum.

The low pitched rubbing noise could be a wheel bearing. It might come across as a "groaning" type of noise. But again, it's hard to diagnose any noise without actually being able to hear it. It's a guessing game at this point.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've tried recording the rubbing noise, but it doesn't come out well. I'll try to get a recording of the squealing later today. It's definitely not the pavement, though. It's a loud, high pitched squeal that only happens when I'm turning hard right while accelerating.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Jack up the car and shake the wheel, see if there is any play in anything. Also, see if any parts have any wear marks, if metal is rubbing together, it will look shiny.

·
Registered
10 Posts
most likely a wheel bearing, possibly the CV joint. very UNLIKELY to be a ball joint, however, if the ball joint is so bad that its doing all that your car is extremely unsafe. Anything someone tells you over the internet on this is really a guess without seeing it in person.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts