Team Integra Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 95 integra ls and every thing is working fine except for lumpy idle when cold. i have a brand new cat. so i took my car to get smoged but failed with high nox. every thing else passed good. i ran my car for like an hour before my test. i dont know what to do. i just got done buying 3 bottles of heep and G2p. i need your help

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
take off your air filter and if you can you have the inspector keep the hood open. nox is from high combustion temperatures or a lean condition.

a cooler intake charge will usually solve the problem, i have run into this a few times while running inspections on cars.

hope that helps

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
ok ill try that when i go back to the ref, would saying that i also have lumpy idle while its cold, they took my car in and i didnt get to see any thing they told me to go wait in the waiting room.. everything fine except for the nox lvls

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
You can't do anything if its being ref. They know what they are doing and how to test it. I hope you even looked at the links I provided.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Before you take it through, make sure you do all the general maintenance that might need to be done to make sure its running well: air filter, oil change and filter, fuel filter, pcv valve (like $3 and can make a big difference), spark plugs/wires. If none of that works, add a bottle of Lucas fuel injector/system cleaner.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
ya i did look at the posts you put up ive looked at almost all threads on here about that problem. i have all the maintnace done. would exhaust back pressure cause the combustion temps to go up? i read about the 3 bottles of heep in a 1/4 tank of gas. i lso have g2p bought i dont want to waist my free retest if im not sur eim gonna pass, thanks for all your posts so far

·
Registered
657 Posts
dude...... LEAN conditions create high cylinder temps which results into nox.

Now what are u using for a PCM?

I'll bet u have clogged injectors and tons of carbon build up... That fuel injector cleaner **** can only go so far... try to compare your hydrocarbon levels with another civic engine and see if urs are a bit low... if so u may have a bad spraying injector, dirty fuel filter or just a slow pump (uncommon).

Id just replace the injectors, so u got enough FUEL to COOL :)

·
Registered
9,719 Posts
Why? That would cost too much money for something that can just be cleaned?

Just do the maintenance the other guy did in the linked thread. It will probablyt help alot. Same issues with high NOx. Tegs have lots of issues with either that, or high HC at low speed.

·
Registered
1,106 Posts
do u have access to a vacuum gauge? if ur vac isnt steady at around 20Hg you have a leak. a quick way to find a small leak is to take a bottle of carb cleaner n spray around suspected areas n see if the vacuum changes.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Check your timing. For emissions testing it has to be 16btdc + or - 2 degrees. Try 14 btdc to reduce combustion temps.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.