Team Integra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
825 Posts
I just turned 131,000 running fine - 35,000 on new engine (f'in hydrolock). Not too bad.

MorningZ - "He was gonna stiff me, and I was like "Hey...Lama...How about a little something...you know..for the effort...you know?" And he says, "There will be no money here, but when you die, on your death bed, you will recieve total concienceness." So I got that goin' for me... which is nice."

·
Registered
64 Posts
Quote: The Dalai Lama's not a golfer. But when the Tibetan leader visited the United States last year, Minnesota Gov. Jesse Ventura asked him if he'd ever seen "Caddyshack." He told Ventura he hadn't seen the movie. But, Ventura said, "Before he [the Dalai Lama] left, he looked at me and said, 'Gunga, gunga la-gunga'."

Good old Jesse, what a Gov he turned out to be...what an idiot.

Also, since we're talking about high mileage Tegs I was wondering if converting my 113,500 mile Teg engine to an ls/vtec would be hard on it? Would it shorten the life of it? Would it make it more prone to breaking? Would it make it last longer?

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
I baught my ls with 123,000 miles, I immediately had trouble with bthe alternator, actually it was the pulley, the belt would keep on coming lose, but the guy felt bad so he fixed it for free, the only problems I had was with the distributor, and it still leaks, bad camseal or o-ring, not sure, the car has 137,000 now, with 5000 miles on my new lsvtec re-build, I did snap my axle two weeks ago, that was 175 bucks in the city. It happenned in the middle of manhattan, I had to push the car three city blocks, and was lucky enough to find a shop. It was a nightmare, I thought I had blown my tranny, scary sh*t.

·
Registered
83 Posts
HEY MY BOY HAS A HoNDA PRELUDE 2.0 SIANDHAS 493XXXMILES oN IT AND STILL HAS THE STOCK MOTOR AND HE STILL TRIES TO RACE AGAINST ME ALL THE TIME AND HE oNLYHAS JUST INTAKE AND EXAUST SO JUST REMEMBER THAT HoNDA/ACURAOWN RELIBILATY

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
You have to watch the timing belt and all pumps with tegs in the 120,000 range, along with the distributor and alternnator, just keep a keen eye out, I'm sure that gsr is probably in good shape, especially if the previous owner kept it as clean as you claim, good luck!

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
wow, thats cool, the dude i'm buying (hopefully) the car from just replaced the timing belt, alternator, and some other stuff.. me and my dad are going to test drive it tommrow. (yup, i can't drive a stick YET) by the way its a 94 white GSR.

<docter evil> i'm so fricken excited </docter evil>
sorry just saw goldmember

·
Registered
11 Posts
Well, I bought my GSR with 147,000 miles on it and now it has about 185,000 miles on it. Everything seemed to work perfect up until recently...things are starting to rattle in the engine bay and the a weird sound comes from the engine bay now but besides that it still works fine. There are also some rattling inside the car now too. But my car still looks mint inside and out.

·
Registered
382 Posts
I bought my teg with 35,000 miles on it back in 97. It now has 130,000 miles. Just regular maintence like oil changes & tune ups are the most important. Also, change the fluids on a regular schedule.

I put about 100-150 miles a day on the car now because of work, and it's still running strong (knock on wood).

Hmm, things I've replaced thus far: timing belts, radiator, & starter. Everything else is basicly stock OEM.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
roundle on Aug/04/02 said:
Nobody here has "high" miles. High miles, at most message boards (Volve, BMW, whatever) is like 250K miles. Where are all the quarter million mile mofos?
Vulva? What? jk...

But anyhow, remember that most of us here are driving G3's which are 94 and up. Many of those people have older cars... Otherwise if its newer, they're obviously rich to have one, so they're rich enough to not go to work every day and instead go on long trips!

·
Registered
168 Posts
I bought my 97 teg ls with 135k km on it. It is an off lease car and in perfect condition. Everything works great. My mechanic had an 85 prelude with 550k km on it and was still going strong when he traded for a civic that now has 450k km on it. Honda engines are by far the best. Treat them well and they will give you years of service.

Sorry it's in km. 60 miles = 100 km

ap

·
Registered
333 Posts
I have a 94 integra LS with 201k miles on it. Just recently rebuilt to a 2.0 ready for turbo. But I never had a single problem with my car, except when my clutch blew.

·
Registered
9 Posts
I have an 88 RS AUTO (ugh...auto) with 173,000 on it that I just bought for $700. Runs strong as hell, surprised me for an automatic. Hope it stays that way, it'll be my girl's car soon. MY car is an 88 LS 5spd, with 179,000 on it, she's not running though. i'm probably gonna rebuild the engine. (got a friend in philly with 2 88's sitting in his backyard, told me $50 takes whatever I need) I'll be posting on that soon enough. I had an '84 Accord that ran strong til 249,000 then tranny went out. Sold to a friend for $250, he got another tranny, but broke the speedo (mileage indicator) it ran great for like 3 more years, til his aunt smashed it. Damn car probably had 300,000 easy and woulda kept on going.

·
Registered
1,335 Posts
I have a 96 rs with 79,200 and all I had to do was the clutch,which I learned stick on by the way,otherwise no problems yet...knock on wood.

·
Registered
53 Posts
I just broke 183k miles and no problems with the engine. LS/VTEC conversion in the NEAR future, then rebuilding the block later. But everything's fine, and the car's still got a lot of pull to it, and responds well to modding

·
Registered
728 Posts
HAHA, THERE ARE A LOT OF PUPS oN HERE. i HAVE 215,000 MILES oN MY 91 AND SHE WILL EAT MOST 94+ TEGS:)
sHE RUNS GREAT TOO. tOO BAD i AM SELLING HER AND SWAPPING OUT THE ENGINE, i WANDER HOW FAR IT WOULD HAVE MADE IT TOO. i BET THERE IS ATLEAST ANOTHER 50K WORTH OF ABUSE LEFT IN HER.
GO HoNDA!

·
Registered
189 Posts
130k and running stronger then ever 14.2 with only 156.9 whp with full interior on street tires

·
Registered
2,421 Posts
when i bought my GSR back last year, i saw at an Acura dealership that was proudly displaying an Acura Legend that had over 500k miles on it, everything original, and running strong. the owner bought it at that same dealership, and donated it back to them to show people the honda reliability

21 - 40 of 383 Posts