Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 383 Posts

·
Registered
119 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
how many miles have tegs been known to get up too with regular maintance? anyone around here with 130K+ miles on there car? what are some of the first things to go on tegs? what about GSRs would high milage wear them out more due to the high strung engine? and one last question how much of a difference does highway miles as opposed to regular miles.. thanks in advance if you can answer any of these...

p.s. thinking about grabbing a GSR with high milage..funny thing is the car looks mint inside and out. and everything checked out ok with carfax...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Hey i bought my 95 GSR last july with 119,000 miles on it and it was and still is in mint condition with 135,000 on it now. I have not had any problems with it and still have no signs of any problems.

·
Registered
301 Posts
the thing is, that hondas are usually known to last pretty long w/ required maintenence and regular driving. i bought my teg w/ 33k mi. in 2 yrs, it got up to 85k! the oNLY thing that i needed to replace was the radiator which had a cracked seal, but i was told that i couldve just resealed it. also a man i met w/ a 88 civic. he bought it brand new and he still has it. it runs normal, and he has never had to do any major work on it. he told me that all he does is scheduled maintenence and oil treatments like the ones you find in kragen or autozone etc. so i guess as long as you dont abuse it, it wont abuse you. just make sure you do scheduled maintenence, use the right motor oils, etc.

·
Super Moderator
25,239 Posts
I just saw my friend Chase tonight and he has a 94 LS with 98K on it and I asked him if he's had any problems with it and he said "not one." That tells you something.

I had two cars that had 95K on them, (Domestics; GM.) and they had constant problems. Spark plugs/wires, ignition needed replaced, radiator went, water pump went, just a bunch of hassles that I didn't need.

100K on a Honda is like 25K on a domestic. Dammit I can't even compare the two because with only 25K the domestic is still proned to numerous repairs. Just trust us, anything under 175K on a honda is still pretty trustworthy.

BTW, I have a 99 GSR with 40K on it, and of course nothing has gone wrong on it, but that is totally normal for a Honda.

·
Registered
64 Posts
My 90 Teg LS has about 113,500 miles on it, and I havent had a single problem with it. It still runs great.

·
Registered
296 Posts
I talked to a guy that came up to my work the other day about the mileage of cars. Apparently the guy works or used to work for an auto auction place or something similar. He told me about a honda he saw one time with almost 900,000 miles on it with "basically the original engine". I don't know how true it was but...I wouldn't put it past the guys at honda to make a car last that long. Don't know what he mean by basically the original engine but thats a sh*t load of miles.

·
Registered
2,009 Posts
Well, my 94 RS just hit 200k kms...so I think that's about 120k miles. The only problem that I had wit it was the distributor...had to get that rebuilt, but that's about it. My mom has a 99 Grand Am, and her alternator just broke, the fan for the heat/cool won't work at the 1 and 2 setting, signals are f**ked...dealer quoted her $900 (Cdn.). So compared to that, I think my car is still runs nice!!

·
Registered
129 Posts
my friend has a 90 ls with 140,xxx miles on it and he dogs the hell out of it and hes had no problems and it still puts out an impressive amount of power, i also have a friend with a 89? acura legend v6 with 196,xxx miles and it stills pulls really well he would probly smoke my 94 ls which has 83,000 miles and ive had no problems at all.
HoNDA OWNZ reliability

·
Registered
63 Posts
Ive got a 94 LS with 147500 on it and its been great so far. The guy that I bought it off of was really good about maintenance, so I expect more of the same from it.

·
Registered
176 Posts
my baby just turned 116k and im not having any problems(knocks on wood)

·
Registered
395 Posts
I had a 96 ls with 100,000 miles on it. The only major work was just to fix a cracked seal in the radiator and change the timing belt and water pump. Other then that the car worked perfectly.

·
Registered
8,083 Posts
109k on mine with no problems except for a CV boot that went, no big deal.

my girlfriend's '88 CRX has 193k on it and no problems at all, completely original!

·
Registered
392 Posts
my gsr has 137k miles with no problems and still running strong. (except timing belt broke, which was my fought)

·
Registered
2,961 Posts
i have 137,000 on a ls and i just barely lost a race to a vr6 gti 2003 and i even pulled on him at the start so that tells me that my engine is working more than fine and the highest honda i have sen was 400,000 on an acorrd and that thing ran crisp as hell

·
Registered
5,381 Posts
I bought her with 149,xxx miles, a year ago in 5 days. She now have 178,xxx miles. When I bought her I did a major tune-up, Also changed the timing belt and water pump. The only thing major I've had to change since were the axles. That's it besides regular maintenance. Oh yeah, and the thermostat. She still takes me where I want to go. She's been to hell(Mexico) and back and hasn't complained.

·
Registered
542 Posts
91k on 94 gsr and i got a list
1. starter is starting to go but im just gonna pop start and hit it with a hammer until it wont work at all
2. throwout bearing in tranny is shot, and possibly the inputshaft bearing
3.trannys grinds 2nd and 3rd occasionally
4. mysteriously disposses fluids without leakage
5. and finally axles are starting to die
all in all these problems can be traced back to abuse from me and a mechanic that put ls parts on my gsr engine. oh well

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
Nobody here has "high" miles. High miles, at most message boards (Volve, BMW, whatever) is like 250K miles. Where are all the quarter million mile mofos?

1 - 20 of 383 Posts