Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, Im looking to buy an Integra and I found one in my area for the right price..its a '94 GS, 5 speed for 4995. Problem is, it has 164,xxx miles on it. Do any of you guys have cars with mileage that high? I really want to get the car but if its going to be more problems than its worth due to the mileage would I be better off looking for a different one? I know honda engines can last a long time, but Im not sure how well maintained this one has been. any ideas??

·
Registered
183 Posts
keep looking... that is really high miles. look around more you'll find something with less mileage, maybe for a little more though. imo wait. i waited 6 months before i bought my teg.

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
i'd get it, you could always put a new engine in it, but i suggest you shop around there has to be other tegs out there, i have 123k on my car and still in great condition.

·
Registered
21,513 Posts
I waited 4 months before I found a teg in my area. There are only 2 dealerships in my state! I wouldnt buy that one UNLESS its in great shape and a GSR. If it had the VTEC engine I would jump on that because they are so hard to find for me. But I dont know what state you are in or how abundant these awesome cars are, so it's truly your call.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hmm...this is pretty much the only one in my area right now for the right price...otherwise I'm going to have to try and find a civic...if I were to try and get this teg how much would be a better price and what do you think would be the first things I'd need to check out matinence wise?

·
Registered
6,228 Posts
have a mechanic check things like cv boots, axles, and all other items that recieve wear. Has it ever been modded or stock its whole life. IMO 5000 for a 94 gs is a little high, u may have to drive a little farther to find what u want.

·
Registered
354 Posts
i bought my car for under $7000 1994 white GSR 90,000 miles. Owned bye a honda employee and taken well care of. the car is great you can get a better price on it if you wait or look hard. But then also if the entire car is in perfect mint condition buy it and drop a motor into it. but i wouldnt pay that much unless it was in great condition

·
Registered
354 Posts
also kellybluebook.com dosnt list a gs but just for comparison i put in a 1995 Special Edition 160,000 miles fully loaded in good condition $5200. in illinois

good condition to me means they have proof that they had the T-Belt and waterpump replaced. at 160,000 its almost time for the 3rd t belt and waterpump. Also tires should be over 50% tread. clutch should grab and they should have proof they had a clutch done less than 30,000-60,000 miles. and more things to think about. if it ticks loudly it prolly hasnt had a valve adjustment latley.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I am looking hard :( Its the only integra on autotrader within my area for the price..I might check this one out, hopefully I can find something with less miles though.

·
Registered
119 Posts
well not to discourage you from getting the car. i'm sure you really really want it. but i recently bought a 94 GSR with 140,xxx on the clock. it started up fine everytime we went to go see it. ultra clean engine bay and drove perfect. so i got the car. a week later the starter went. took it to a mechinic and found out that a cv boot or two were torn. then like a week later. my clutch went. but oh well. live and learn. just have a mechanic check it out before you jump into things.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yeah...right now im not sure what to do, i just had to drop a fair amount of money on the car i have now so i'm getting set back kinda..we'll see what happens though. thanks guys!

·
Registered
47 Posts
I talked to a guy who buys and sells cars for a living when I was looking at my Teg, and he said that you want a car that has 12k miles for every year it's been out. So if it's a 94 it should have only about 89-96k miles on it. A lot of times if it's a dealer you can use this as a bargining tool because they know this too.

·
Registered
32 Posts
I bought a 94 RS with 150,000 miles recently. I paid $3500, and I've got receipts for the $3000 stereo installed in 98. It had alloy wheels and a funnel ram intake installed also. I'm in Alabama though, so the value may be lower here. I was in the same boat you were - not many other integras around, other than some automatics. I had it checked out by a mechanic, and it came back clean. It has a couple of small probs, small crack in windshield, door lock problem, needed brake pads, but it is pretty clean. It runs very well, and feels strong. I bought it with the assumption that if the engine goes anytime, I could have it replaced and still have a nice car for a decent price. 5k sounds a little high to me, but it depends on your area I guess.

·
Registered
1,410 Posts
If the body and interior are nice, you might as well go for it: 4K isn't bad and if stuff breaks, you can replace most anything pretty reasonably.

You can either spend 6K and get a nice LS/RS or spend 4 and take your chances.

·
Registered
129 Posts
BE PATIENT---I GOT MY 94 LS WITH 17S AND MIRROR WINDOW TINT AND 112000 MILES FOR 2800

·
Registered
287 Posts
i would definately not buy it imo. Thats wayy to many miles for the price and you never no what could happen. I looked around for 3 months until i got my teg. I at first thought i could only get a 94 with a lot of miles on it but i ofund a 96 instead in great condition for 6000. It had 79xxx on it but i dunno cause tegs seem to cost more here

·
Registered
685 Posts
I just bought my 94 gsr with 130,000 miles on it...runs like a champ...clutch is strong and so is the engine...holy crap it's fast...brakes need to be done...I will do that myself and put on some good stuff(powerslot and ebc pads)...everything else is good...the paint leaves something to be desired but what can you expect with a car that old...plan to put on new suspension...If you have a friend that can help you do the mainenance then it's not too expensive...mechanics cost as much as doctors now!
Just take it for a ride and check it over well...I checked my teg over for 2 hours...I knew what I was getting into...I love the car!

If you can get a gsr...it will be worth the wait!

good luck anyhow! :)

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
my teg has 95,000 miles on it, and its a 98 GS.. it runs damn good too.. Althoguh im seriously thinking about a gsr engine/tranny swap before I do anything else to it..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts