Team Integra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I was looking for fixes for a high idle problem with my car, and alot of things people said I checked and they turned out fine for me, i thought vacuum leak and turns out I was right about that, I noticed my throttle body was really dirty so I thought I'd take it off and give it a good clean, while taking it off one of the nuts on the throttle body was hand loose, so red flag right? I got the throttle body off after leaking coolant everywhere from the coolant lines going to the throttle body, turns out where that nut was loose that part of the throttle body gasket was ripped right off and you can tell its been like that for a long time which I thought good chance that's why it's high idling, so I ordered the gasket and I'm waiting for it to come in this week, here are some pictures of the throttle body, while waiting for the gasket I have since cleaned up the throttle body and hoping once it's all together it will idle properly

Attachments

·
Registered
343 Posts
Unfortunately that fast idle valve underneath the throttle body goes bad quite a lot. People suggest cleaning up but there's no way to clean it because it's a miniature thermostat and eventually the wax leaks out of it and cleaning it won't help. Why a thermostat for the whole engine cost $10 and this miniature cost $100 is beyond me

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Wells AC4268 at Advance Auto 77.99 found on Ebay
Unfortunately that fast idle valve underneath the throttle body goes bad quite a lot. People suggest cleaning up but there's no way to clean it because it's a miniature thermostat and eventually the wax leaks out of it and cleaning it won't help. Why a thermostat for the whole engine cost $10 and this miniature cost $100 is beyond me
Hey everyone been awhile since i logged on, but the throttle body gasket did actually fix quite a bit of my problem but i noticed when i was still warmed up too operating temp that it was idling around 1200-1300 rpm, i seen alot of talk about the fitv and i finally decided to take a look at mine, the plastic piece that screws in and out was fully loose, so i seen a few tutorials on youtube about it and i tightend it up to not fully tight, and barely snug, threw it all back together and now i have a clean smooth idle at 850-900 rpm. so it turns out the fitv valve was majority of the problem, but i dont understand because the car sat in a field for 2 years brang it home and it idled fine and a month after i go to start it and it was idling high, but either way, its fixed for now thanks for the replies boys

1 - 4 of 4 Posts